Dogomania

Breeds

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

axel..
It depends on what you wanted your dog to be trained on? Retrieve, scent tracking, obedience, agility. or just the normal sit, stay, down??? I would have to go with the GSD/Doberman(flip flop them if you wish). Im sort of leaning(bias :lol: ) to the Doberman just on the fact that it was originally breed for to help man with his duties(tax collector). The collies and other herding breeds are great also.

Guest Anonymous

Nope beagles are the smartest!! (just kidding) I would have to say from my experience that border collies, dobies, and gsd are all very smart.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Axel']Which is the most intelligent and trainable?

Leonberger
Bearded Collie
Briard[/quote]

Hmm what kind of a person are you? Do you want a slow laid back dog big dog with lots of hair, a busy happy dog with a sense of humor or a serious dog with guard potential who is hard headed?
The breeds you have chose are VERY different in basic temperament and the way you would be planning to train them and for what makes a HUGE difference in which breed you might want to select.
Briards are tough strong minded dogs who need IMO experienced owners
Beardies have a silly high energy sense of humor and are pleasant
The Leonbergers I have met were stately and calm and a bit on the slow seeming side - very 'deliberate' if you get what I mean.
All have WAY MORE fur than I want to deal with :-)