Dogomania

Best breed in dog sport

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Border Collies are the most commonly used dog sport competitor and i as wondering why their close relatives the Austrailian Sheperds don't do as well. Are they not as intelligent? Are they better family dogs than border collies?

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Axel']Border Collies are the most commonly used dog sport competitor and i as wondering why their close relatives the Austrailian Sheperds don't do as well. Are they not as intelligent? Are they better family dogs than border collies?[/quote]
Dog breeds seem to go through phases as to which is the most common one seen in sports settings. I remember when obedience was the realm of the standard poodle, later it was dobes, still later shelties, goldens... and now its the border collie's turn in the spotlight.
I think both breeds are a bit busy for families that just want a pet but for people who want an active partner they can be fun.

I have had 1 aussie and he was wonderful! Hubby bought him for herding and when we moved into our apartment he did fine with daily walks and the occasional run at my in-laws hobby farm. He was smart, beautiful and fun though he had been mistreated by a man before we got him. When we first had him he would squat and pee out of fear on sight of men. He eventually got over it though.

• 5 months later...
Guest Anonymous

I've seen one aussie in agility as so far (there is lack of aussie in my country, only one or two, one of them starts in agility competition). And he is excellent, he wins, isn't any worst than border collies. But this breed is not as popular as borders. Somebody's said it before (above) :)