Dogomania

SHAR PEI POODLE MIX

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='JRB']MIXED OWNERS, DOES ANYBODY ELSE HAVE A SHARPOO???[/quote]
good heavens I hope not! the concept of all the hereditary diseases and the temperament issues are simply horrifying to anyone who actually loves dogs!

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for the response...I purchased said anamoly from a pet store in TN...cutest little thing. She's now over 4 yrs and has been treated for Hip Dysplasia for about 2 yrs. Good heavens is right in respect to hereditary problems...these 2 breeds should not be mixed. My only regret is that I didn't also buy her brother at the same time. As far as her temperment - just like a type A dominant female - what more could you want...with the personality and associated nuances to match. Though maybe these and qualities like very needy, loyal, and playful don't fit into your categories of behavior for a "true dog lover". As the self styled representative of TDLs, be careful using the word horrifying. Yes to breeding them and associated health problems, but don't stereotype behavior. Did you here about the person that was mauled by the 30 lb SHARPOO monster dog? Folks - watch what you breed, but take care of what you have...to the end, even if it isn't a robotic, logo wearing, prize pooch.

• 5 years later...

Ok, so why would anyone breed a dog with wrinkles that has hair that would cover up said wrinkles? That makes no sense at all to me.

I can't imagine what kind of skin conditions this poor mutt would have, let alone the other health problems that would come from a breeder just wanting to make a buck.