Dogomania

conformation showing

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi. I'm starting to show my dogs and I was wondering if after you get your championship can you still show in the breed ring or even in junior handling?? thanks hey one more thing my username is beagle88 and everytime I want to enter something it says sorry this username has already been taken. I have been beagle88 for like 6 months. Whats up with this???

Once a dog gets their championship, at least in AKC, I believe they would then only be able to be entered into the Best of Breed class. The champions would then be judged against Best of Winners for that day. If anyone else knows more, jump on in.
A junior handler may show a dog that is a champion, most that I personally have seen are champs, the age of the handler determines the junior status.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Anonymous']Hi. I'm starting to show my dogs and I was wondering if after you get your championship can you still show in the breed ring or even in junior handling?? thanks hey one more thing my username is beagle88 and everytime I want to enter something it says sorry this username has already been taken. I have been beagle88 for like 6 months. Whats up with this???[/quote]
Actually the goals of the big time show people start after championship is obtained. Competition in the Best of Breed (BOB) ring here in the US (the UK is different anyone want to explain that one?) is usually of the best possible dogs that already have their championship - their goal is to win BOB so they can go on to Group (in your case the Hound Group) and compete for one of 4 top slots there. If you win the group then you get to go on to best in show. People even compete for winning the most groups and shows etc in any year for their breed.
Winning BOB 'from the classes' is a big deal because it usually means your non champion dog was deemed better than the entered champions. BOS Best of Opposite Sex is also a nice win for the same reason.

Guest Anonymous

yea I had to fool around with my screename for a while but I finally got it!! Hey thanks people for all your help!! :D

Guest Anonymous

You can still show your dogs,but under specials and that is tough because all the dogs in that class already have there championships..Good luck and I hope you have fun! :D

• 4 weeks later...