Dogomania

my pit has pimples

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

My pit/lab mix cassie, has a lot of pimples on her face - is this common, and what can I do about them? I've never seen a dog with pimples before! So far, I've been popping them when they get pussie, and then put peroxide on them, but, I don't know if this is okay, or what is causing them.

Guest Anonymous

Does your dog eat or drink out of a plastic bowl? Theere have been some cases where the plastic caused this reaction.

Also, don't pop them....try putting a dab of toothpaste on them.

Guest Anonymous

Our dog has this as well. Our vet said it is something she will likely grow out of. Our dog also has a lot of thicker hair around her chin, so it might just be ingrown hairs not actually pimples. They don't bother her, so the vet said to keep an eye on it for signs of infection and see if she grows out of it. I don't know how old Cassie is, so this could be useless information for you.

Guest Anonymous

They could just be pimples, which some dogs get. Have your vet check it out. Dogs can also get yeast infections on their skin and that resembles pimples.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

I was told to use a stainless steel bowl for food and water. To wash them in the dishwasher as well. Plastic keeps whatever causes pimpless in the bowls..