Dogomania

Biting of dogs

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

My dog is a 3-months German Shepherd dog which donot do any thing except for biting, and it bites me only, the only thing that it does seriously is biting, and it bites me only, i donot know if that is playing or real, but it hurts, plz what to do

Guest Anonymous

Most puppies bite when they play and it hurts because of the needle like puppy teeth. Next he does that take your hand around his mouth and squeeze just a little bit (not to hurt him but) while telling him NO. Everytime he bites do that. I know sometimes it is not a bad bite and you are tempted to let him get away. Don't let him get away with it.

Guest Anonymous

If your pup was in the litter long enough (7-8 weeks) there is an easy way to tell it that the puppy mouthing/grabbing it is doing hurts you and that you won't play if it does it
When the pup nips make a YIPE noise similar to what the pup would make if you accidentally stepped on a tail. it should be a high pitched noise.
Then turn away from the pup for a moment.
Within a week of doing this the pup should almost never use its teeth on you and eventually the biting should completely cease.
I suggest looking up 'bite inhibition dog' in a search engine.

[quote]
On 2002-05-10 07:59, Anonymous wrote:
My dog is a 3-months German Shepherd dog which donot do any thing except for biting, and it bites me only, the only thing that it does seriously is biting, and it bites me only, i donot know if that is playing or real, but it hurts, plz what to do
[/quote]

Guest Anonymous

Another method is every time he goes to bite you or bites you is to say No bite or No chew and give him or her a chew toy or bone. Soon they learn to associate if they want to bite or chew on anything to make it their toys or bones! Worked for me!!

Guest Anonymous

When dogs are in their normal pack the puppies all play together and biting is all part of this, when playing together they learn how much pressure is acceptable and this is something that your pup is trying to find out with you so........
when the pup puts pressure on you more that you want then yell in pain and you'll see the pup react, it will try again and again you yell in pain (a loud Ouch!) the pup will slowly reduce the pressure untill you stop yelling out and as long as you keep this up regardless of how much pressure it applies it will eventually stop......it really doesn't want to hurt you...........it's testing you like it would it's litter mates.

Guest Anonymous

Most puppies just want something to put their mouths on. Your pup is only 3 months and pups dont retain info until at least 5 months.
If you dont have a crate invest in one. Next time you are playing and he bites say "ouch", no and TAP him on the nose. Ignore him for about 15 min. or so then go back to playing. If during the "ignoring" time he still tries to play put him in his crate. Repeat this every time he puts his mouth on you. He will learn it hurts you and that he is not supposed to put his mouth on people.

Guest Anonymous

Putting the dog in its crate is like sending a child to its room. It will not hurt to send him to his crate. I have used this method and have had NO problems whatsoever.

Guest Anonymous

Also he is probably teething try putting some ice cubes in a sock tie a knot in the end and give it to him to chew on. Helps soothe teeth instead of hurting you!!