Dogomania

Leaking Problem!!!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have a 3 year old spayed bitch. Recently we notice a small pool of urine leaking out of her while she is sleeping. I took her straight to the vet, where they put her on to tablets for incontinents (spelling?). This however did not help, so I took her back again. They did urine tests and sent to pathology,took xrays etc. The xrays showed as fine, she did though have a high white cell count, indicating an infection. After several courses of antibotics it seemed to have cleared up and the vet took another urine sample showing ok. I have noticed the leaking again. The vet does not seem to be able to give any answers...can anyone help?

Guest Anonymous

[quote]
On 2002-05-07 01:58, Anonymous wrote:
I have a 3 year old spayed bitch. Recently we notice a small pool of urine leaking out of her while she is sleeping. I took her straight to the vet, where they put her on to tablets for incontinents (spelling?). This however did not help, so I took her back again. They did urine tests and sent to pathology,took xrays etc. The xrays showed as fine, she did though have a high white cell count, indicating an infection. After several courses of antibotics it seemed to have cleared up and the vet took another urine sample showing ok. I have noticed the leaking again. The vet does not seem to be able to give any answers...can anyone help?
[/quote]

well im not a vet or anything...but maybe she just have a problem controling her urinations...incontinence in short...people suffer from it, so most probably some dogs might be suffering from it too...

Guest Anonymous

I was told once that it can happen when a dog gets spayed. My girl leaks sometimes and I am not sure why. The vet had given me pills but since it only happens once a month or so I stopped giving them to her. I think mine leaks when she is really really tired from running around a lot.....

Guest Anonymous

this can happen in spayed bitches - its due to the estrogen loss and there are drugs that can treat it
BUT
it could also be the urinary tract infection back and that could be cause by bladder stones, by peeing on contaminated ground or many other things
If your vet cannot help find another vet who can and will even if you have to drive a distance to do it

[quote]
On 2002-05-07 01:58, Anonymous wrote:
[/quote]