Dogomania

dog has pale gums

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

This could be a sign of shock or a serious medical condition, even internal parasites. I would talk to my Vet without hesitation.

Guest Anonymous

We just adopted him 3 weeks ago - with Whipworm ... he has taken the first dosage of medication and is due for the 2nd of three rounds next week. Does that explain it or do you think I should still pursue further? thanks!

Guest Anonymous

I would call and ask your Vet, if there is a problem its better for everone if it's treated quickly.
I check my dogs gums regularly so I may be able to detect a problem early, if you would like to try this exercise.
"Capillary Refill Reflex", Lift the flew on either side, exposing the gum above the teeth. Press with the pad of your finger for one second and release. After pressure,note the time it takes for the gums to return to the original color. Gray gums, or the lack of refill after pressing indicates a serious nedical condition and immediate veterinary attention is necessary.