Dogomania

I need help with my corgi puppy

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I am the proud ma ma of a 6 month pembroke welsh corgi named Dusty. His best friend and partner in crime (my cat) recently passed away.

Dusty has stopped eating. I can get a handful of kibble down him a day. He has been to the vet, has had bloodwork done, they found nothing. My poor puppy is depressed. THis is my first corgi. My past dogs have all been faster dogs that have not been quite as sensitive.

Any advice would be apprecited. I have tried everything and managed just to confuse him by trying new foods or making him mac n cheese.

Thank you

I don't know the absolute best things to tell you but I would not change his diet at all. I would let him have ample oppurtunity everyday to eat the same thing he always has and the same amount. I f he doesn't eat as much each day thats okay for the time being as long as you can continue to get some of his regular food in him. Dogs have to go through the mourning process just like we do so I would think it best not to hurry him. In the meantime do you know anyone with a dog that he may get along with?? I f you do you could always arrange several playgroups to help get things off his mind. Or you could always adopt him a companion that gets along well. Soo very sorry for the loss to you and Dusty.