Dogomania

The most amazing Training Device I have found

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

:D McKenzie is a great dog and was very easily trained to sit, stay, lay down, give five,speak, and not to jump. After that we didn't know what else to do, so we kinda just worked on those and didn't do anything else. Well now she is 8 months old. I finally taught her to roll over, but it took forever. Well we are waiting to move in to our house and we moved in with my in laws. They do not allow dogs inside so I had to put my poor baby outside. I felt so terrible, but she is with there dog, so she is taking it well. I don't get to spend as much time with her now, but I have started taking her on my 2 mile walk. She drug me the whole way. I never even thought I would have a hard time leash training her. I looked everywhere for something to help, but to no avail. I thought I was doomed. I didn't want to leave her. Finally yesterday I found a life saver. It was an anti-pull harness. I didn't think It would work on my 55 lbs of pure pitbull/boxer muscle, but it did. we went the whole 2 miles in peace. She actually didn't even pull the whole lead either. At first she run, but then it pulled her back. When she realized she couldnot drag me anymore she walked right beside me. I was amazed. I just needed to tell someone my great news. I was so happy. I thought maybe someone else with my problem might see this an it might help them too. :D

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='bullboxers']:D snip
Finally yesterday I found a life saver. It was an anti-pull harness. I didn't think It would work on my 55 lbs of pure pitbull/boxer muscle, but it did. we went the whole 2 miles in peace. She actually didn't even pull the whole lead either. At first she run, but then it pulled her back. When she realized she couldnot drag me anymore she walked right beside me. I was amazed. I just needed to tell someone my great news. I was so happy. I thought maybe someone else with my problem might see this an it might help them too. :D[/quote]

Yes this pain tool works but it doesn't train the dog to walk nicely on the leash it just hurts the dog if it pulls.
Training is so much better than simply controlling a dog with pain.

Guest Anonymous

It is not a pain tool. I tried everything to keep my baby from pulling me around. I am not a large person. She cant drag my husband, but she can me and my daughter. no matter what we tried when we took her for a walk she would drag you to death. She would pull so hard that she couldn't breath. So we found this harness. It only pulls back on her front legs. When it does yes it is a little uncomfortable. That is the point, but it does not really hurt unless they keep on pulling. That is why they stop. So actually it is just uncomfortable not painful. If it was painful I would stop using it. It's better than a choke chain, or some of the other training collars out there. Like the ones with the spikes that dig in there neck if they pull. I would much rather she be a little uncomfortable then choked to death. Besides when she stops pulling and walks like she is suppose to there is no discomfort at all. And it is not like I am gonna use it forever, just until she is trained to walk well on a leash. When she no longer pulls at all I am going to put up the harness and just use the leash and collar.

Why does everyone on here insist on constantly putting everyone and everything down? You can't make a single comment at all without someone thinking that they totally know everything. I admit some people do post wrong things, and they do need info to lead them to what is correct, but everytime someone posts some know it all has to put there rude totally uncalled for opinion in. Why cant everyone just be nice and get along? When someone posts something and they are wrong (which on this I am not!!!) you should go about it nicely to correct them. Instead of shoving a bunch of crap in there face....SORRY BUT SOME PEOPLE JUST GET ON MY NERVES.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Anonymous'][quote name='bullboxers']:D snip
Finally yesterday I found a life saver. It was an anti-pull harness. I didn't think It would work on my 55 lbs of pure pitbull/boxer muscle, but it did. we went the whole 2 miles in peace. She actually didn't even pull the whole lead either. At first she run, but then it pulled her back. When she realized she couldnot drag me anymore she walked right beside me. I was amazed. I just needed to tell someone my great news. I was so happy. I thought maybe someone else with my problem might see this an it might help them too. :D[/quote]

Yes this pain tool works but it doesn't train the dog to walk nicely on the leash it just hurts the dog if it pulls.
Training is so much better than simply controlling a dog with pain.[/quote]

[color=red][b]Guest, instead of critisizing, why don't you enlighten all of us on how to train a dog to properly walk on a leash. Until YOU can offer some training techniques that work.....please SHUT YOUR MOUTH and STOP CRITISIZING![/b][/color]

Guest Anonymous

Bullboxer: some people on this forum are so hateful, insecure, spiteful and just plain old bitty's. They love to stir the pot and make everyone feel insignificant to them because of their own insecurities. POST whatever you want too, whenever you want to and just ignore these type of people.

This same person would probably say that the "halter" type collar is painful. If you will notice, Guest didn't offer any training tips on how to stop the pulling......hum........!!

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='"bullboxers"']It is not a pain tool. snip
quote]

Yes it is a pain tool and its not a subsitute for training.
I have repeatedly posted links to training methods for dogs - did you read ANY of them?
From what you post you just exchanged one pain tool for another until your dog ceased hurting itself with the current one. I've never seen a dog 'choke itself' on a flat collar - the only tool you really need to train your dog (and at that it should be just for holding the dog tags on).

Guest Anonymous

Bullboxer here is a suggestion when you put this on and she starts the initial pull tell her heel or whatever command you are going to use. When she begins to walk beside you praise her. After awhile walk her on her regular collar to see if she has grown acustom to walking beside you and/or your daughter then you will no longer need it!! :wink:

It may take some time but I bet she gets the hang of it!! :wink:

It never hurts to repost advice on training and I hope this helps!!!

Guest Anonymous

[quote]Bullboxer here is a suggestion when you put this on and she starts the initial pull tell her heel or whatever command you are going to use. When she begins to walk beside you praise her. After awhile walk her on her regular collar to see if she has grown acustom to walking beside you and/or your daughter then you will no longer need it!![/quote]

That is exactly what I have been doing. I will walk her on the harness for a while, then I will switch the leash from the harness to her collar. As long as she walks without pulling I keep it this way, but when she pulls I make her sit. If she will walk again without pulling I allow her to go, but if she pulls we go back to the harness. When she walks beside me and doesnt pull I constantly talk to her and praise her like crazy. Yesterday she walked a whole mile without pulling me one bit. It was amzing.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Some dogs are easy to train and with others it seems to take a while. McKenzie has gotten to where she listens really well. We finally got her rolling over well. She use to only do it sometimes, but now she does it on command. She also learned hide and seek her recently!!! Its great I love it!

Guest Anonymous

Hey yorkie t, i just noticed your signature and i have a shihtzu named Lucy! Thats pretty cool that there almost the same breed and the same name! :wink: do you have any pics?