Dogomania

How can i control my dog when he sees another dog?

victorm

I walk my dog alot. And hes a big dog. And hes good on a leash. I can handle him really good. But i get scared when he sees another dog. He doesnt bark at all. But the other dogs bark at him. Making my dog run. He rips the leash out of my hands and runs toward the dogs. But he never hurts the dogs. But the dogs always hurt him. How do i control him so me and my dog dont get hurt?

First off, get a air compreser thing like a blow horn with out the horn. spray it in his face. eventually, he won't chase them because he knows he will get punished. Hope this helped. Use a retractable leash. That way you can control him and it is plastic so it won't rip out of your hands as much.

----------------

Thank for this answer from other board.

• 5 months later...

Just a comment on the person who posted this topic.. Victorm, you asked the question and then you answered your own question....LOL! haven't you just thought of other name so you don't get obvious?

About the topic, our dog always barks whenever he sees other dogs too. Sometimes it kinda annoys my dad because he's noisy.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...