Dogomania

opinions needed

baxters mom

i have one 6 month old male jrt and am thinking of getting another. My problem is that i do not know anyone personally that has a jrt and all the books and info i read say that it may not be a good idea to have 2 animals- dogs or whatever if you have a jrt. i just needed some input from some people who may know if in general jrt get along well with other jrt and should i get another male or would a female be better. I have no intentions of breeding so sex really does not matter. I just want the best enviornment I can have. Initally i thought baxter (my jrt) would like to have a playmate so that is what started this whole process. any input would be greatly appreciated. thanks

• 1 month later...

one nuetered jrt and one spayed jrt should get along fine, terriers tend to not get along well with other dogs, when mixing two dogs who may fight, opposite sex pairs that are BOTH altered get along best. I suggest obediance training just to make life easier for everyone involved-new dog, old dog, and YOU.