Dogomania

Diarrhea, how do I help him?

Missy

[B]My new puppy Zeus, has bad Diarrhea.He Is currently being treated for round worms and I was wondering if the medicine he is on could be the cause, or if it is the food we have him on, or something else all together? I took him out routinely throughout the night, and each time he poohed and it was really, really runny and with all the trips out he still managed to pooh ALLOT on his potty pad and in some hidden zones and they to were very, very runny. He is currently eating Nutro, and he has his treats he gets for going potty outside after each #1 and #2 he gets 1 Zuke's Mini Naturals chicken formula, and once we get inside from completing both he gets a canine carry out chewy snack. As Far as water we only give him filtered water like we drink because we don't trust the tap water. He was chewing mini rawhide bones, but we took those away because he went nuts on them and we were afraid he would choke, so we got beef flavored compressed bones instead.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.[/B]

[quote name='Missy'][B]My new puppy Zeus, has bad Diarrhea.He Is currently being treated for round worms and I was wondering if the medicine he is on could be the cause, or if it is the food we have him on, or something else all together? I took him out routinely throughout the night, and each time he poohed and it was really, really runny and with all the trips out he still managed to pooh ALLOT on his potty pad and in some hidden zones and they to were very, very runny. He is currently eating Nutro, and he has his treats he gets for going potty outside after each #1 and #2 he gets 1 Zuke's Mini Naturals chicken formula, and once we get inside from completing both he gets a canine carry out chewy snack. As Far as water we only give him filtered water like we drink because we don't trust the tap water. He was chewing mini rawhide bones, but we took those away because he went nuts on them and we were afraid he would choke, so we got beef flavored compressed bones instead.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.[/B][/quote]

Hy Missy" In reference to your question
given time and the correct type of health foods for pets you will soon see a more proven method that will allow your pet to increase its health benefits" I would suggest you talk with a holistic vet they have more of a natural approach" have a look at this article and tell me if you find any of these interesting as far as a [URL="http://blogurple.com/?p=202"]Holistic Vet [/URL]Dr. is of concern.

My new puppy has also had loose (not watery, but more like pudding) stools from the get go. The vet initially thought it was due to diet but then took a stool sample. She has Giardia!!! The vet thinks she probably came from the breeder with it. After being on the medicine for 2 days we already see a big improvement in her stools. I would recommend getting a stool sample ran before messing with the diet. Good luck to you.

Oh yes, I went online and looked it up right away and I am not thrilled at all that Sage is on this med. Of course, I'm not thrilled that she has Giardia at all! Ugh! What would a natural alternative to this med be? I just want her to be over it as I sure don't want to infect any other animals or humans either.

• 2 weeks later...

[B]Thank you for responding and sorry I never responded back. As far as the loose stool it turned out to be due to the Nutro dog food we were feeding him, according to someone at the pet store my honey talked to when he went to restock on puppy food it was causing dogs to get sick. The person suggested Science diet and after two feedings his stools were just fine. He is healthy and happy now, no puking and no stool problems.:smile:[/B]