Dogomania

Lab Colors

Guest Mutts4Me

Guest Mutts4Me

I don't know if this is widespread or not, but it's driving me crazy to the point of posting about it. Something I keep on hearing at work. I'm making an appointment for a dog to get a bath, and I ask what kind of dog the person has, and they respond with "Black (or chocolate/yellow/'golden') Lab." Or else someone comes in or calls and asks how much it costs for a Black (or chocolate/yellow/'golden') Lab to get a bath. The absurdity of it's starting to drive me crazy, as if the different colors are entirely different breeds. One of these days I'm going to say "Oh, a chocolate lab? Well, the blacks and yellows are 21.99, but we charge a special handling fee for the chocolates."

I keep waiting for the day when the various lab colors start being shown against each other, like Cocker Spaniels (although I don't get anyone making an appointment for their black/brown/parti/etc Cocker Spaniel).

Anyone else notice this, either with Labradors or other breeds?

I know I hear about it a lot with Pit Bulls, people trying to specify colors/patterns/noses/bloodlines as separate breeds of Pit Bulls, although even with the hundreds of Pits we see and get in, I don't come across that nearly as much as the lab thing. I just think it's weird. I used to have a black lab, but I never referred to him as such unless it was relevent to the conversation.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Jessashelony']I got into an argument with one of my parents friends about rednose pits.. He swore it was a seperate breed. :roll:[/quote]

I honestly dont know how many times Ive had this arguement! Morons...

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Jessashelony'][quote name='Hmmmm'][quote name='Jessashelony']I got into an argument with one of my parents friends about rednose pits.. He swore it was a seperate breed. :roll:[/quote]

I honestly dont know how many times Ive had this arguement! Morons...[/quote]

I can't stand this guy at all... He owns a 120 pound "pit bull" Who he was bragging to me has now killed 7 cats, 3 dogs, and 1 bird... I wanted to strangle him I was so livid. :x[/quote]

ugh... I can see the battle...
I visited a friend a couple weeks ago and took Tage with me. One of his friends came over and asked me if i wanted to breed her to his 82lb "full-blooded" pit bull. I, of course, laughed and asked him what breed his dog was. Kept saying pit bull. Even when I asked him APBT, AST, ST.... Asked him what the bloodlines were, didnt even know what bloodlines meant. :roll: