Dogomania

Possible State-wide Pit Bull Ban

AussieMom

I logged on tonight and saw this in the news section of my server. I thought I'd send a heads-up to everyone to see if anyone in VA thinks some letter writing might be a good idea. I know that most pits can be gentle giants if reared correctly, and this probably is more the owner's fault than anything else.

start.earthlink.net/article/nat?guid=20051218/43a4ecd0_3421_13345200512182022335070

Soprry, I haven't figured out how to post something like this on here yet with just a "referral" name.

Oh, and if this belongs under "News", please move it if you want to.

I hope it doesnt spread to MD.... :-? :-?

Last night I was at the movies with a church group, and we were walking into Starbucks and there was a georgous big ole lab/pittie mix. I asked the lady if I could pet him, she said no, that he wasnt too friendly with strangers. I smiled and said, ok, thanks! I thought to myself "YES! A GOOD OWNER!! :lol: " When we got inside, Caroline (friend) said, "If her dog isnt friendly, SHE SHOULDNT HAVE IT OUT THERE!" :o :o :-? :-? I told Caroline that as long as she knows how to handle her dog, and how to keep him from hurting people, she should have him out... to socialize him. Luckly my brother agreed, saying that she was a good owner, and not letting her dog be another pit bull statistic. Atleast he has some good sense in him. :wink: :lol: