Dogomania

What would you do?

Alan

Youve been gone most of the day. As you arive home, you see a truck getting ready to leave your house. Further inspection shows, your tv, stereo and some other belongings are inside. Worse yet, looking out the window of the truck, is your dog!

You are all alone, however, there is a loaded gun in the glove box of your car. What now?

you're seting me up. ok Alan..

my TV, VCR, satellite dish and HOUSE are covered by insurance. My DOGS arent...so I would take the gun (and I do own them) and fire two shots. One in each tire. one front, one back....I'm a crack shot by the way....right front, left rear. car would stop, but not be undriveable. I would have already called 911, and the police would be on their way.

Alan, you might not like this answer, but if I had to, I would shoot him. in the back of his knee...major damage without fatality...

[quote name='courtnek']you're seting me up. ok Alan..

my TV, VCR, satellite dish and HOUSE are covered by insurance. My DOGS arent...so I would take the gun (and I do own them) and fire two shots. One in each tire. one front, one back....I'm a crack shot by the way....right front, left rear. car would stop, but not be undriveable. I would have already called 911, and the police would be on their way.

Alan, you might not like this answer, but if I had to, I would shoot him. in the back of his knee...major damage without fatality...[/quote]

LOL No, you're wong! I agree with you! :lol: I already knew what you would say. If I ever meet you though, I'll bet I will be the politest guy you have ever met in your life :lol:

I know the TV, stereo and everything else in the truck wasn’t mine. There would be “No Way” anyone could have entered my house without me being home & get out in one piece.

I would be wondering what type of bloody mess they had left me!

My house is old & I have had to have a lot of major repairs. The roof, basement, sewage problems & the list goes on. Since I live on a busy road right off the interstate we get a lot of traffic. Many people stop if they are having the same problem & ask “how the contractor’s work is, what they are charging, do I like their work – etc” some I have recommended to people others I have warned them “never hire the crew!”

Last year when I was having leakage in my basement (where the whole outside needed to be dug up) – I wasn’t surprised when a guy stopped (with his 3 small kids in the car) to ask questions. He said “he drives past my house 3 times a week to pick up his kids” (divorced) I explained how bad the contractor was & the problems I was having to get them to finish the job. The guy left only to return 2 days later. He “said” he did contracting on the side & wanted to take a look at the basement inside.

Dumb me – didn’t think anything about it until we were both in the basement alone! Then I realized he was more interested in the layout of my house. About that time Hunterr & Angel Love (I didn’t have Annie then) were running though the house trying to find me! It sounded horrible!

He was in the process of telling me how easy it would be for someone to break in the basement though the windows – I had them opened. I laughed & pointed to the ceiling (from where the commotion was going on) & said “Do you actually think someone would be stupid enough to break in?” He had a curious look on his face & said “isn’t that your kids playing?” I said yes, they are my “kids” but four legged! One was trained for “police attack” & the other is a English Mastiff that weighs 208 lbs. The guy got such a panic look on his face! He asked if they could come down stairs on their own. Yes, but only if I called them. He wanted to get out of there as fast as possible even to the point of pushing me up the stairs first. I asked if he wanted to meet my “kids”? I can’t understand why he said NO!

I have since learned my lesson & not allow strangers inside my house. Now that I have Annie, No one will enter without me being home – even my parents.

Linda, Hunterr & Annie

[quote name='BuddysMom'][quote name='Mei-Mei']I'd just keep my distance, follow the truck and call the police on my cell. :)[/quote]

I agree. I wouldn't want to blow my cover. Shooting out tires or confronting may result in my dog getting hurt.[/quote]

Nooo!!!!!!!!!! The dog wouldnt get hurt as long as you shoot them between the eyes before they have a chance to do anything. Then blow out the tires to cover you ass! :lol:

[quote]LOL No, you're wong! I agree with you! I already knew what you would say. If I ever meet you though, I'll bet I will be the politest guy you have ever met in your life[/quote]

ok thats just wrong.....you have a completely wrong opinion of me. I am not aggressive day to day....I actually try to help people with aggression problems...things to do other than kill people...like throw dishes and enjoy the sound of their breaking....relieves stress, trust me...

you set up a scenario where my dog (or my kid, or my friends) were snatched. and asked what I would do with a loaded gun at my disposal...

I answered what I would do in that situation. thats only one situation. I might not do any of that in a different situation. I might choose to cut off the car, or wait for the police...depends on the necessitty of the situation.

there is no perfect answer. all situations require well thought out responses...

[quote name='courtnek'][quote]LOL No, you're wong! I agree with you! I already knew what you would say. If I ever meet you though, I'll bet I will be the politest guy you have ever met in your life[/quote]

ok thats just wrong.....you have a completely wrong opinion of me. I am not aggressive day to day....I actually try to help people with aggression problems...things to do other than kill people...like throw dishes and enjoy the sound of their breaking....relieves stress, trust me...

you set up a scenario where my dog (or my kid, or my friends) were snatched. and asked what I would do with a loaded gun at my disposal...

I answered what I would do in that situation. thats only one situation. I might not do any of that in a different situation. I might choose to cut off the car, or wait for the police...depends on the necessitty of the situation.

there is no perfect answer. all situations require well thought out responses...[/quote]

Court, Im only teasing with you. I know your not some evil twisted sicko that lives to shoot anyone who ticks you off! I was just having a little fun with you. I think you're just a lot like me. You can be as sweet as they come but you will spare no wrath to protect those you love. That is completely understandable. I would just be nice to you because I wanted to :wink: