Dogomania

Wow... Im lazy

I havent been feeling like taking Kat for a walk but I want her to lose some weight (since shes gained about 20 lbs since we got her) so I have her on the treadmill right now. :oops: :lol:

She used to be scared to death of it, like everything else in the house, lol. I got her adjusted to it though and now I can finally run her on it... supervised of course. :wink: Right now shes going a bit slower at 2mph but I had her going up to 4.5 at one point. Plus shes an the highest level of incline...

Until I get myself in gear to walk her, Im putting her on the mill for a while. Anyone else get lazy like me and put their dog(s) on the treadmill? Or, if youre not just lazy lol, have a situation where you cant walk them outside? What precautions should do you take?

[size=2]I know some of you are probably gonna kick my ass for putting her on there because it can be dangerous... but shes always supervised and I make sure to check her pads afterwards to make sure theyre ok as well as make sure shes hydrated and not over-stressed. :wink: [/size]

lol yes consider your butt well kicked! :P

There has only been a few ocassions with Kes where I couldn't get her out and that was because I was recovering from seizures, but Shannon always takes her out if thats the case. I love walking her. I love being outside no matter what the weather is like and I've been running her 5 miles now nearly every weekday morning, with the aim of getting up to 10 miles because I need to get back to proper fitness again and my aim is by feb/march to get back to running 20 miles comfortably within 3-3.5 hours or less if I can manage it. 2006 is my year to get back to being fit again!

Smokie loves to walk outside and run around out there.. However he is scared of almost anything! My dad bought a telephone magnet that rung like a phone and he goes running when ever we press it lol.
That sounds great if you can get your dogs to use it! I thought they were illegal in a lot of places for fighting pits though...see how much I know.

Ash, youre right [i]dog[/i] treadmills are considered to be linked with dog-fighting but I have an electric one that humans use and they arent considered the same thing. :wink:

JM, luckily for you, your 3 entertain each other... unfortunately with Kat I have to be outside with her and recently I just havent been up to it. Plus with my hot flashes, I get overheated so easily and I cant cool down. :( Stupid meds... :roll:

Shara and ESS, Kat was so feckin scared of the treadmill when she first saw it. :o So, just like with other objects I made her sit by it while I gave her treats. Then I moved to walking her over it and eventually sitting on it. The first time I tried to get her to actually walk on it while it was on, she nearly choked herself to death... she just would not go forward! So, I picked her up and had her walk it but not put all of her weight on it... sorry I cant really explain it better than that lol. The I tried again. She still would just drag her back feet along it, choking herself. :x What I hadnt tried was a harness! Since I dont have one I had just tried the collar but since it wasnt working I got creative... I just used her leash and wrapped it around her body and tied that to the e-mill. She resisted at first but then she gave up and figured out she has to just go with it. The first few times I walked her on it she went off the side or jumped off the front :lol: ...but now she likes it! I dont have to make her get on it anymore she actually wants to. :D