Dogomania

I am so upset!

Ash

So, my cousin wants to get her 13 year old daughter a lap dog for her birthday coming up! She wants a bichon frise/maltese mix or a yorkie and a puppy. I found a dog in the shelter that was exactly what she wanted, curly hair and white, but it was 3.5 years old. She wants me to look around for a bichon frise/maltese mix puppys, I got half mad at her and said she's only going to find those in puppy mills, and then I said she should look at the dog in the shelter, and she told me she doesn't want to look at it! I got so mad! I'm not even looking up any dogs for her (I would never look up a mixed dog like that too buy)-- she's waiting for me to call her back. She can forget it.

They have a 10 year old yellow lab, and I feel bad for that poro dog, nobody plays with it, or even acknowledges it half the time--because she's a "bigger dog and stinks".

I unplugged my phone.. I'm so mad I'm seriously shaking.

Her reason for getting the maltese/bichon mix is

Because it's white, and one has curly hair and the other doesn't. And ones a little bigger so she'd like the mix, and so it didn't fro up like the bichon

Forgot to mention, their yellow lab is very obese weighing in at 113 lbs.

Edit:::

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that me and Cassie spend a lot of time looking at dogs together, and she only like the bichon when their puppies NOT when there adults...

Ain't it the worst when it's your own family? :evil: I have so many relatives that feel the exact same way as your cousin. They absolutely [i]need[/i] a wee little cockapoo or some other designer breed. I'm here for you if you ever need to vent. Maybe you could sit her down and very [u]calmly[/u] explain to her the health risk and issues with buying a puppy mill pooch? I hope you find a way to work things out.

No, it's not the kid, it's her mom , looking for that type of dog... Cassie would never want a mixed dog, but yeah they are rich and spoiled.. I think when your in that situation, sometimes you care less about things that matter.

I can't rehome the dog. They have a heated garage specifically for her.. but really the dog spends a lot of time at the grama's across the street, she's allowed to go in the house over there... so the grama takes good care of her.