Dogomania

help - dogs fighting

distjames

I have two terriers and 4 mixed breed dogs and They used to be seperated cuz we had a two story house however we have recently moved to a one floor house and we decided to put them all together in the yard however the 3 year old mixed breed female and the female terrier have been fighting and the other two mixed breed puppies on male and femal joined in and now my teriier has bites on her back and some blood, whats going on why are they fighting I dont know if this is just a phases and it will past but i cant stand watching them fight i jump in to pull them apart the mixed female is a good temperd dog thats what the vet said when she was apuppy when i got her, does anyone have any advice or similar experiences that might help me deal with this stressful situatuin and also i am pregnant . so it may be making me a bit more sensitive to the situation:(

you need to give us more information as to whether or not these animals are neutered or not, but if you have so many dogs fighting it sounds like there are dominance issues at stake and you would be best to contact a professional behaviourist to see if they could help suggest some solution before you come home and find a dead dog!

Do you supply them with entertainment one on one and as a group? Are they taken out for fulfilling walks and runs? Some dogs need their own space just like people and you may want to start separating them at times especially when you are out of the house. Crating is another suggestion for certain dogs as they appreciate having their own time alone. Supervised filled kongs and treat balls are also a good way to alleviate boredom.

[quote name='Rainbow'][quote name='K']Are these females spayed?[/quote]

I have a friend that has a lot of dogs and the females are all spayed.

One time when she came home she saw one of them death... She never let females alone, they are all separated...[/quote]

That's too bad that happened to your friend, but just because they're females doesn't necessarily mean they'll fight. :wink:

I have 3 females (all spayed), 2 Terriers, and a Lab/Rott X and they don't fight....I don't separate them when I leave and they have the run of the house. :wink:

I don't know if people will agree with me, but:

Sounds to me like they are trying to figure out the alpha. You can help by help establishing one as the alpha. Seems like it would calm down some, but I think your going to need to work with all of them, establishing one as dominant.