Dogomania
Sign in to follow this  
Alan

What kind of whistle do you use to call your dog?

Which whistle do you call your dog with? Is it the universal one that sounds like this
WeerrrrWit?

How about the short burst that sound like this
Wit Wit Wit?

or the just one Super Loud SWIT!?

or is it something different?

Just pucker your lips and blow.

[quote name='rotten_two']i wish i could whistle :oops:[/quote]

*smacks head* why didn't i think of that? eric you have to be the smartest canadian i know! i must need more practice on the pucker and blow :wink:

I don't whistle at my dogs at all...... :wink:

I can whistle, and I can do those loud whistles (4 fingers in mouth) :wink:
We lived behind a Red/White Store growing up and when guys would go behind the store to take a piss, I'd do one of those loud *wolf* whistles to totally shock and embarrass them......never seen people run so fast in my life..... :evilbat:

Well silly, you can't whistle if you suck at blowing.

[quote name='rotten_two']*smacks head* why didn't i think of that? eric you have to be the smartest canadian i know! i must need more practice on the pucker and blow :wink:[/quote]

I learned to whistle for my first dog out of neccessity, if I needed her to come back to me from out in the fields, I could get a really loud "phreeeeet!" by pinching my bottom lip with my right thumb and first finger and she would respond. Now I use it to take graduation pictures, because my whislte has gotten louder and I can make different pitches with it by just using my tongue and bottom lip, create a space with my front teeth and blow...I can whistle like normal also, and with it I scare anyone I am riding with because I can make it sound like a siren, it's fun to watch them slow down and look around. Which this whistle is the best to get a dog to give that tilted head look, for pics.
So I can do all the ones you mentioned Alan...I have many skills....
Love your dog by the way, just got finished training another bully dog, who was the sweetest and smartest dog in the class.

[quote name='Debbie']I don't whistle at my dogs at all...... :wink:

I can whistle, and I can do those loud whistles (4 fingers in mouth) :wink:
We lived behind a Red/White Store growing up and when guys would go behind the store to take a piss, I'd do one of those loud *wolf* whistles to totally shock and embarrass them......never seen people run so fast in my life..... :evilbat:[/quote]

That is Hallarious! A lot of guys are bad about that. Thats one nice thing about being a guy though, you can just whip it out and pee if no one (or you think no one) is around. Growing up, we lived in the country in a small town. Same place I live now. We had to go to a bigger town, 10 miles away, to find something to do as a teenager. Sometimes, by the time you got home, you really had to pee bad! Dad always locked the house like a prison. There was always several locks you had to go through at night. I remember mom getting mad at my brother and I because her bushes in front of the house were turning brown! She figured out why!

ALso where I used to work at, I ran this automated line. If no one was around, to releave you, there was no time to go to the restroom which was a ways away. There was a back door right there at the line that faced a field. The guys would step out there and take a quick pee. My boss who was one of the coolest people I have ever known, walked up to me one day and says something like " I thought I smelled piss a couple times I walked out that back door to take a smoke. Now I know who the hell is doing it!" I said, "How did you know it was me?" He said "Because you wrote your name in the snow dipshit!" I had forgotten I did that . After that, he started peeing out there to, and we put a sign on the door that said, Mens Restroom. :lol:

.......I learned how to whistle on the balcony of a B&B in Orvieto/Italy. :oops: Did I mention, that I was a 20 y.o. blonde, and on the other side of the street were about 20 Italian truck-drivers? :oops: :oops: Boy-oh-boy !! Did THEY ever misunderstand me.............. :oops:
But yeah- that four-finger whistle works great !! :lol:

This is embarassing to admit... I can't whistle. :oops: Not even to save my life.

And you know, I never knew what I was REALLY missing, until I read Sabine's post. :cry:

I use two whistles on Kes. If she is close by and I want her to come join me then I use phweer-phweeer which is like a sharp short whistle. If she is further away or there is another dog within temptation range of her running over then its a through the teeth whistle that would awake the dead and sounds like Phweeeeeeeer.

Whenever I had my cats and had to call them in for dinner or at night, calling them didn't work because they couldn't hear a call if they were fields away, so I whistled instead using the sharp long phweeeeer and they came bounding over the fields :D