Dogomania

Does your dog not like some people?

Ash

My boyfriend can try and try to get Smoke's attention but he rarely ever pays any attention to him. Not that he really like dogs though. I just don't think Smokie likes him.
Smokie really only likes me, my mom, dad, and brother, and a few various visitors that will play with him... He's pretty mellow.. once my aunt came over and nobody was home, Smoke ran out to see who it was, and then he went back to the bedroom put his head on the pillow and went back to sleep lol.
What about your dogs? Do they like everyone, or just not like certain people?

well in the kennel medi and eva likes all the people, they really friendly do everybody, niki out new female don't like soldiers in uniforms and we don't know why....
redi really hated me when i first come to live with my bf, she used to pee on my in the night :-? :lol: and to send some murderus looks at me whereever she could, now she sleeps only with me and always looks to sit next to me, kid greeted me as he welcomes everybody and they both are to friendly dogs usualy

Laurel has fear issues, so not a good example. It takes a while to get her to warm up to anyone she doesnt know.

Free is the psychic (psycho) dog. certain people she will warm right up to....others.....nada. I dont know if her apprehension makes me nervous or vice versa, but either way I stay wide of people she obviously doesnt like. except small kids. she doesnt like any of them. they make her very nervous and she stays away from them. she is the un-labby lab....

8)

Most of my dogs love people, nearly all people. PJ (Toy Poodle) is probably the absolute most friendly, people lovin' dog we have.

Tucker is a typical friendly Lab who adores people which is what made him perfect as a therapy dog.

Peaches the Dobe is the least menacing, most friendly attention ho you could imagine in a dog.

Peanut (other Toy Poodle) really likes people, doesn't care much for strange dogs.

Perry and Pauly (Standard Poodles) LOVE people. Perry loves people onsite, completely and unconditionally. He'll greet you as if you are a long lost friend that he hasn't seen in forever, even if it's his first time ever meeting you. We've really had to work hard on curbing that enthusiasm. Pauly loves people, too, but he tends to be more cautious. He has trust issues stemming from his past, but he loves people as long as he doesn't perceive them as threatening. He seems to be a little more intimidated by men.

Devin (the youngest Lhasa) likes people ONLY if he isn't in a crate or in the car. He has a split personality. He will not let anyone (other than hubby or me) else near a crate or the car if he's in them, even people he knows. He says he will bite, and he means it. As soon as his feet hit the floor, he's the most loving, happy, outgoing dog. Weird.

Our Simon Schnauzer is a people lover, too. If we don't keep him on a short leash (literally), he can be very intimidating and "in your face," but he's just very exuberant and vocal. He sounds menacing (people with terriers can probably relate) with his grunts and snorts and guffaws (can be perceived as growling by people who don't know better), but he LOVES people... a little too much sometimes.

About the only dogs we have that do not like people are Chico (Chihuahua), Missy (Lhasa) and Fred ('nother Lhasa). We didn't socialize them well in the early days (didn't know any better), and it shows. Chico and Missy will try to get away from you, but Missy will bite if someone were to reach for her. I mean, neither of them are coming after you as long as you don't corner them. Chico isn't "yappy" and ill mannered as far as aggressively going after people. He's pretty well behaved. He just doesn't like to be cornered by strangers and unfortunately many people can't resist picking up the Chi since, of course, they are meant to be held and all :roll: . Chico is just fine on all fours being left alone. I almost hate to admit that he's not very well socialized and doesn't like people because it seems to fan the flames of "nasty little ankle biter" and "yappy little dog" when he really isn't. He's well mannered and tolerant as long as strangers respect his boundaries. :oops:

Fred will try to get away from you and then freeze in his tracks and poop where he stands if a stranger comes too close. :oops:

So only three out of eleven of mine don't like people, but it's totally our faults for not socializing them when they were young. The rest of the gang are people lovers.

Kat only LOVES me and my mom.... but moreso me. :lol: She likes other people but it takes her a while to warm up to you. Shes quicker to bond with you if you have a dog with ya though. :wink: She does NOT like men at all... or children! Oh God, she nearly chokes herself to death trying to get away from kids. :o :( I still make her sit/stay and let them pet her, because most of the time they just run right up without asking anyway. :roll: :x She definitely warms up to calm, gentle people a lot quicker than "preppy" people. You have to be very, verycpatient with her.

Shilo (my old dog who was a lab/husky mix supposedly but the more I look back I think she had some border collie or australian shepherd in her) was a great judge of character from what I remember. She loved everyone but didnt neccesarily [i]like[/i] everyone. She knew who had a good soul and who had a bad one. I loved her, she was such a great dog. :angel:

My Cairn and 2 Smooth Collies are very gregarious with people, to the point of me having to work with them not to jump up on everybody they meet.

They won't however just happily go off with anybody. As long as I'm there they're happy to meet and greet everybody. If I walk off though, they all want to go with me.

Les...

:Dog_run:

Re-Run barks his head off at everyone!! Even people he likes. He doesn't pick up on signals from us at all. I think he is just scared of people he doesn't know. If he likes the person he does his smile thing and people think he wants to bite them. :roll:

He only really hates the village idiot and I would never stop Re from ripping into him.

[quote name='rotten_two']aspen loves anyone and everyone who will pay him attention or treat him. gaia likes people once i have okayed them. i don't like most people, does that count?[/quote]

Gaia liked me! :D :lol:

Carse loves everyone.. you could be meeting him for the first time, but he'll act like you're his long lost friend who he hasnt seen in 10 years. :roll: Full on butt wag, kissin, lickin, rubbin up against you. Then he'll go to get the nearest toy in the room, run around the coffee table with it a few times, waits till we say "Ohh, Yes Carson, what a pretty *fill in the blank*", then he stops and comes over for more rubbin. :lol: