Dogomania

American Pitbulls to be banned Downunder.

Steviepie

I dont own a pitbull,but i thought this might interest those that do.Here in Victoria,Australia,our State Premier(Governor)wants american pitbulls banned and made illegal to buy.He(Steve Bracks)reckons they are very dangerous dogs,not suitable pets,and his government has legislation drawn up to ban them.Other Australian states may follow suit.The RSPCA also wants them outlawed.Pitbulls have caused a number of maulings here,but i blame their owners,who let them run loose.Ireckon there is no such thing as a bad dog,just bad owners,totlally irresponsible types.Needless to say,our Pitbull Association is fighting this tooth and nail,but they are up against it,the government is determined to ban them.Any thoughts on this fellow doggie lovers? Cheers,Steve.

yes...word of advice:
DON'T GIVE UP!

Get as many people forming a coalition as possible..hire a lawyer..fight the law by taking it to court...the more people the better..numbers speak!!!

JUST KEEP FIGHTING.

We currently have a ban in Ontario and we're doing everything in our power to get rid of it...our first court date is in May of 2006...