Dogomania

Boxer traits,and clowning around!!

Steviepie

:-? As the owner of 2 Boxers,i was wondering if other Boxer owners(or any breed for that matter)could advise me if my Boxers have the same traits as theirs.Mine love to clown around,they are loveable,but at times frustrating.Take gardening for instance!I cannot use the hand push along mower,because they are obsessed with wheels,and they try to bite them all the time.When i hose,they love water,and they want to attack the nozzle of the hose constantly.I cannot dig,they jump in the hole,and if i try to churn the earth,they bite the spade!When i do garden,they must now stay inside,and they glare out the windows.They sigh and breath heavily when they sit,and they love to lick us a lot,when we leave the room they follow us everywhere.They love kids,but if a stranger knocks,all hell breaks loose,with that WOO WOO WOO barking.The other day,a Jehova witness bolted off the porch,and hawkers beware!Shannon and Rubin are wonderful dogs though,and i would not change them for the world.Looks like they are forever puppies,which is why my daughter gave me a T shirt with a Boxer on it,and underneath the caption "FOREVER YOUNG",and fairdinkum,they are always young!!Cheers,Steve. :D

Oh god, dont get me started on Boxers! :x :lol: They are an AWESOME breed but such a HANDFUL!!!! :drinking:

Ive never owned one but I have interacted with quite a few. The one I work with, Duke, is the dog from hell. :lol: Hes the sweetest dog but when Im scooping up poop he clamped down on that freakin thing like a gator. :o :roll: Its funny, sure, but he ends up knocking all the crap everywhere after I spent a lot of time cleaning it up. Just to give you an idea of how much were talking about here, theres about 50 dogs on the property. :o :lol: He doesnt listen at all.... he pulls on leash... nothing can stop him and hes as stubborn as hell. :-? Chokers and prongs dont work on him. He knows the word "sit" but only listens when we wants to or kows theres a treat involved. :roll: :lol:

When I was looking for a dog, I considered a Boxer, my Aunt in Texas Breeds them and has done so for years. I checked the rescues and watched for a pup to become available, but a GSD got to me first.
I love the dogs, I look forward to every class that has one in it, I know I am going to have a good day, everyone is going to be able to see how crazy the dog acts and with a bit of patience and focus, PRESTO the dog is now doing the behavior, I seem to be able to get them to do just about everything their owners can't, I must have been one in another life...lol
They have a happy go lucky attitude that is infectious, and there looks and antics just make you laugh, you can't or I can't, seem to get mad at them.
I better stop or I'll start to be called the "poster child" for Boxers.
>>poke at Coalsky<<<LOL :D

[quote name='Ravyn']I have a boxer and I must say, YES! They are big goofballs. She's always being so silly, but when she gets it in her head to do something she's as stubborn as all get out trying to get her to stop. For example, she loves to lay and peek out of the sliding glass door blinds, and when she sees a cat, dog, or someone she wants to be friends with go by, she LEAPS up, almost hitting the ceiling (she seriously can jump this high), and starts tiggering up and down madly until I go over and stop her. Drives me nuts, mostly because her hitting the blinds as she leaps upward scares the bejesus out of me if I'm not paying attention.

They are fabulous dogs. I love their personalities, their endless love of life, their whole-hearted attitude at which they tackle ANYTHING they do, and yes...even their stubbornness. It keeps me learning and growing as well.
:D Icould not agree more with you,and your beloved Boxer is the dead ringer of my Rubin,Rube is 4 and a boy.And don't you just love it when they drool for food at an outdoor bar b q,bloody drool everywhere!!!!! Cheers,Steve.
I will ALWAYS have at least one boxer. I can't imagine myself without a pair of those squishy jowls now.[/quote]

[quote name='Ravyn']:) The only time Sadie drools is when she's either been running around outside and has gotten overly excited, or when she smells food she wants. And then, open the floodgates! :)

I think some lady at Petsmart thought I was crazy last night. I saw her walking to the doors to leave as I came in, leading a small boxer. I asked if I could see her dog and I bet she regrets saying yes!

I plopped myself donw on the ground and next thing I know, I had a lap full of boxer and was getting those wonderful boxer kisses! She was such a doll! A six month old brindle who looked fawn at first, save a few faint stripes along her back. I finally reluctantly had to let the lady leave, but she was smiling at least, so hopefully she understood my mania :)

Yup, I'm a true boxer stalker[/quote] :D When Shannon gave birth,4 years ago,we had 9 tiny baby Boxers running around the house,it was chaos,but very funny and interesting.I had to build a corral in the family room,when they all came into the lounge at the same time,it was like the charge of the 7th cavarly,Boxers everywhere,licking us constantly.It was a wonderful experience,and i would not swap it for anything.We were sad when each one was sold,but we kept the most beautiful,which was my precios Rubin.Rube loves his mum,and she loves him,but they do get jealous of each other at times!!When they come inside,and i am doing a Homer Simpson on the couch(all guys do it!!!) they lick me nonstop,and sometimes spill my beer,but they are the best dogs on the planet,yes,i will always have a Boxer in my life! Cheeers, Steve.

All the boxers I have known have all been big ligs! We had one boy that we treated at the vets called Humphrey. He was brought in one day having been kicked by a horse and had to have his broken leg plastered. That big galoot lapped up all the attention when he had to have the physio that followed. There was one day that he was across the road at the park with his owner, and I was in the surgery and that big galoot burst in through the door and jumped up onto the consultation table with a big silly grin on his face as if to say "right! I'm ready for my physio" :lol: