Dogomania

Hello, everyone! I need your help!

I have a problem with my Central Asian dog. Though I don't know how to explain it (because of poor English language skills - you see, I am not a native speaker) but I'll try... My dog cannot decome pregnant because she hasn't those days when all dogs meet with others of opposite sex (I hope, you uhderstand me cause I don't now how to say it!) but she is 2,5 years old! So give me some advice or instructions, please! :roll:

:o :o :o :o I don't want to sound rude, but it seems to me that you are not fully aware of the responsibilities that come with breeding.
One breeds to IMPROVE the breed, not to produce puppies. :wink:

My advice: Go to your local animal-shelter and adopt a puppy in need of a good home. That would be the nicest thing you could do for a poor dog-soul out there. No pun intended ! :)

[quote name='Sabine']:o :o :o :o I don't want to sound rude, but it seems to me that you are not fully aware of the responsibilities that come with breeding.
One breeds to IMPROVE the breed, not to produce puppies. :wink:

My advice: Go to your local animal-shelter and adopt a puppy in need of a good home. That would be the nicest thing you could do for a poor dog-soul out there. No pun intended ! :)[/quote]

Well said..... :wink:

Well said everyone!

Another point to consider ... it seems that "Mother Nature" is already telling you your dog should not have puppies. Many bitches die in whelping even when everything seems fine. It seems that if you try to force the issue, your dog may be in even more danger. Are you willing to lose your beloved pet just because YOU "love puppies?"

I would have your dog checked out by a veterinarian to see if there is a specific reason she has not come into season. If you can, also check with your dogs breeder. Are Central Asian dogs generally slow to mature? Some lines may be slower than others.
It is possible your female is barren (unable to have pups) but I don't know if barren bitches still come into season or not.
It is possible that there is some sort of health issue that is causing your dog not to come into season.
At 2.5 years of age, most bitches would have had at least one season by now, more than likely two.
Have you had your girl since she was a tiny pup or was she a rescue? If a rescue, perhaps she was spayed before you got her?
Try to find out WHY she has not had a season first, it may be that she is not a good candidate for breeding after all.

Don't you guys just HATE it when a new member comes here, asks something, and when we answer saying "Hey listen, maybe it would be better this way" get all pissed and point to a specific member and say "Thanks for your useful advice" then leave???? Its happening a lot lately. Its like they're not even asking for advice at all! HELLO PEOPLE, don't come here if you want us to sugarcoat our replies!

[size=2]
Not targeting you Carol. :) Just using an example![/size]

[quote name='Rowie-the-Pooh']Don't you guys just HATE it when a new member comes here, asks something, and when we answer saying "Hey listen, maybe it would be better this way" get all pissed and point to a specific member and say "Thanks for your useful advice" then leave???? Its happening a lot lately. Its like they're not even asking for advice at all! HELLO PEOPLE, don't come here if you want us to sugarcoat our replies!

[size=2]
Not targeting you Carol. :) Just using an example![/size][/quote]

Yes, it has been happening a lot hasn't it ??
It's funny that unless they hear what they want to hear, it's not good advice...... :roll:

What she wanted was for us to tell her how to make her dog come into heat so she could breed her....... :-?
I guess she hasn't been here long enough to know we don't encourage that sort of thing with *amateurs*..... :wink: