Dogomania

PETA 'Too Graphic for TV' ...well, duh!

__crazy_canine__

[url]http://tmz.aol.com/article1?id=20051129174309990001[/url]

[b]The Joaquin Video the Networks Didn't Want You to See
[i]Phoenix ad too hot for TV[/i][/b]

TMZ has obtained a 30-second PETA commercial featuring Joaquin Phoenix gleefully pushing a shopping cart through grocery aisles. Suddenly, the scene turns dark as Joaquin eyeballs dead turkeys. The 'Walk the Line' star looks into the camera lens with an ominous warning: "Holidays can be murder on turkeys."

Officials from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) say they attempted to purchase commercial time on the major TV networks for this ad several years ago, before Phoenix rose to mega-stardom. PETA tells TMZ the networks rejected the offer, some calling it "too graphic," others claiming it inappropriately advocated a position.

TMZ placed calls to the major networks. They never got back to us.

Personally, I dont find it graphic in the least bit... especially considering the other ads PETA has put out. What do you all think?

Guest Anonymous

What irks me... All those freaking stars back PETA. Makes me wonder if they even know anything about the organization at all... Or if they are all just that ignorant.

DL, Ive seen PETA commercials on tv a few times. As much as I hate PETA too, the message that they were spreading in one of the commercials I saw wasnt a bad one. It was just about reporting animal abusers and gave a lot of facts about serial killers starting with animals etc.

Hmmmm, I agree, but Im sure people just figure theyre helping out a good cause... little do they know, theyre supporting terrorism, propaganda, etc. etc. Ugh, if people would just do a little more research... :roll:

you can fully support the initial "face" they show people, until you research and realize that there is known payouts for terrorist activities, blowing up of research labs, signs hung in colleges that say "drink beer, not milk"...and this...handed out to grade school children:

[img]http://media-carnell.macrobyte.net/animalrights/images/01_06_2004_your_mommy_kills.jpg[/img]

if I caught them handing something like this to my grade school child, you'd be taking up a slush fund to bail me out...

:evil: :evil: :evil:

I am sort of familar with them. I know that the MOD does do cruel animal testing and I have went to their site marchofcrimes.com before. But no, I didn't really do any background research on them. That's terrible that they do crap like that! I just saw Pamela Anderson did a fundraiser for them on Ellen. I did see a site on iams cruelity or whatever. But I kind of like Iams, I see them sponsering a lot of stuff, and no other company doing that.. I know nothing of the actual company though. No no, I don't fully support any organizations other then local animal shelters.

[quote]I know that the MOD does do cruel animal testing[/quote]

I just found that out about MOD in the last couple of years or so. I think I had given some money to them several years ago but don't do so anymore. I couldn't stand to support the work that they do.

PETA has gotten such a black eye recently with the news that they euthanized a bunch of animals. I can't reconcile being a champion of animal rights with killing them.