Dogomania

Rubin the Boxer pulls on the lead!!

Steviepie

:-?My beloved Boxer dog Rubin is a typical Boxer pup,boisterous,happy,loving and loyal,but he has a bad habit of sometimes pulling on the lead,when we have our daily walk.He does this if he is wary of strangers,and it can be annoying,as he is very strong,and nearly pulls me over.I tell him off,but to no avail.Has anyone any ideas how i can stop him from doing this please? Cheers,Steve. :lol:

Guest Anonymous

When I've had this problem I play "Tree". Dog starts pulling, I stop dead in my tracks plant my feet and wait until the leash goes slack. We start walking again, they start pulling again, I stop and stand in one place. It takes a while and works well if you have the patience.

I think it just gets better as they get older. Smoke use to be like that. He's 10 now, still playful but not as fast, and let me tell you. It was hard for the first few years. But now it goes soo smoothly. He can just pick up when to stop now... If he does try to get out of range, I just hold the leash a little closer and tell him no calmly and to slow down. I usually do let him pe in the ditches though, if he wants lol.

:D Thanks guys,thankyou very much for all your advice,it was very nice of all of you.This really is a friendly site isnt it,wish i had discovered it ages ago.Ravyn,your Boxer is the dead ringer of my Rubin,his mum Shannon,is the more conventional white faced type Boxer.She had 9 puppies,and we kept Rubin.For 6 weeks we had 9 little Boxers running around the house,it was chaos,but loads of fun.I turned the family room into a corral,we were sad to part with 8 of them.Coalsky,thanks for all your advice,you sure know a lot about dogs,actually Coal looks a lot like my daughters dog,Zoe,who is a loveable ratbag,who loves to stir Rubin up when they play in the park with Shannon. Thanks again guys,and i will try all your advice!! Cheers,Steve. :bday: