Dogomania

Taking the dogs outside

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I really want to know why in the world these dogs act like they HAVE to be taken out almost every single hour!? I mean, if they're in their crates they're fine for hours. But the second that we're sitting in the living room they all act like they're dying to go outside to do their business. They sit or stand at the top of the stairs and look back over their shoulders at me with those sad puppy dog eyes. :roll: I mean I know that they can't have to go that often! Now don't get me wrong, I don't mind taking them out. But ya know if I'm in the middle of a movie or playing a game I sure would like to be able to finish it uninterrupted by the pee machines! :lol: Any ideas?

just say no?

seriously, you're giving in. you know they dont have to go that often, so when they bug ya, its time out, go lay down. then when you're done its
OK OUTSIDE! and away we go....

I have a yard so in and out isnt really an issue, but if I had to walk mine everytime they insisted on going out while I'm home, I may as well just live outside. and they can last ten hours in the house without needing to go out.

Guest Anonymous

Well, we have a fenced in yard but you have to go downstairs to get to the door outside and at that point I might as well stay outside with them. Especially because Bentley and Roxie have a tendency to eat poop if allowed. I do tell them no and make them wait and then they give me the "sad look". :D Oh well, guess they're always gonna try! :lol:

Some times when I want to nap, my kids will tell me they want to go outside (even though I know they don't need to go to the bathroom yet), so I tell them to go lie down because i want to sleep longer. They give me a big sigh and go over to their respective napping spots until I tell them they can go outside. I have a fenced yard, so if I just want to watch t.v., I can do that in the kitchen while they're in the back yard.

I agree with whoever said just say no. But I'd gradually stop as much, incase they are going to the bathroom a lot.

Luckily Smokie goes to the door if he wants out, if he wants out REAL badly then he jumps at the door. When he's ready to come in, he jumps at the back window lol. He hates it out there in the winter lol.

I do have one problem though, if he has to pee real quick he won't go - unless I shut the door and wait outside with him.. lol.

A doggie door would be so nice though. I hope to have one, in the future.