Dogomania

Cesar Millan

pyrless

[quote name='JackieMaya']When I left Texas, my plane was an hour late, so I had a chicken caesar salad at Bennigan's (that was right next to my gate). Yummy![/quote]

mmm.. yum! I'm jelous. OHHH, has anyone been to Fuddruckers (as my friend calls them, fudd fuckers), and gotten their ceasar salads? Good lord, those things could feed an army! :o

[quote]Of course I dont believe everything I read or see on the internet. However, I apologize when I make personal attacks, whether its over the internet, or in person. The fact that you have said that my two-sense (5 cents for inflation) is worth a penny, that I am egotistical and obsessed with celebrities is not only not the truth, but its uncool.
I did not go into personal attacks. I just stated that I think my point is more valid considering that I have been to Cesar in person, not just commenting on him or his methods from 2,000 miles away.[/quote]

ok here is my top of the head very sarcastic response ala major payne . . . .

you think you deserve an apology? you think i should take back all those mean and hurtful things i said? well, i'm sorry you just an egotistical, celebrity obsessed, cold cream wearin', milan lover!

remember that's sarcasm people!

oh yeah and it's 2-cents not sense! that's real.

well jeff maybe you are just a bigger man than me.

Sorry for the spelling error, I am trying to multi-task over here, my proof-reading has been put on the backburner. So, yes my five cents, not sense. :P
If I called Joe Blow a stupid, fat, ugly, lazy, good-for-nothing POS whose mom wears combat boots, would it be ok if I said "Oh yeah, thats sarcasm dude. Chill."
R2, I am over this, and I am completely over you. Obviously my posts offended you to the point that you had to reply with personal attacks (whether or not they were sarcastic is irrelevant.) So, I am sorry for offending you, and belittling your training methods earlier. There is no doubt that you work hard at what you do and have all dogs best interests' at heart. Am I being earnest? Yes!

I read the other thread and in defense of Dr. J I never got the impression that he was being "holier than thou", ESS. I too think he deserves an apology.

As for Cesar I really don't know much about him. Does anyone have any relatively unbiased articles/websites/whatever on him and his practices? Can I hear both sides of the debate? What don't you like about his practices R2?

[quote name='abker17']I read the other thread and in defense of Dr. J I never got the impression that he was being "holier than thou", ESS. I too think he deserves an apology.
[/quote]I was thinking the same thing but decided to keep my mouth shut for once. :wink:
[quote name='abker17']
As for Cesar I really don't know much about him. Does anyone have any relatively unbiased articles/websites/whatever on him and his practices? Can I hear both sides of the debate? What don't you like about his practices R2?[/quote]
I dont know of any websites for him except for his and of course that would be biased. :P There were dogs on his show that had bit people multiple times and were going to be put down but Ceasar changed them. His methods are all about taking control with (calm assertive) dominance. He thinks people need to see that dogs are not human and so need a pack structure to live healthy mentally. He uses physical force on some dogs which I think (and correct me if Im wrong) is what mostly bothers R2 about him. He will put a dog onto its back to make it learn that the dog is not pack leader. He'll stand over a food aggressive dog's food bowl to claim it as his own so the dog stops challenging him. I think his methods are great personally. He's a life saver for many dogs out there.

I agree with you Shara. :D I think peple need to experiment with training methods and find whats right for them. It doesnt have to be strictly positice or a lot of negative, theres an inbetween.

Like I know the methods I use with Kat wouldnt be good for Coal because Coal would end up being really dominant, maybe aggressive... while Sharas methods for Coal would still be good for Kat, but it would need to be more targeted towards her shy/fearful nature plus she could probably be a bit more leniant since Kat wouldnt challenge her.

Coal is a dominant dog, Kat isnt. They need different training and way of life, however, they both need strong leaders to keep them mentally stable. Thats one thing, I will always stand by... A dog can be your friend but you need to be the pack leader, period. :wink:

From what I've wtached of Caesar on National Geographic, I see that he uses pack dynamics which I disagree with as many dogs aren't kept in large enough groups to create a pack. He uses dominant force and fear-based training so that the dog is forced into doing something, with no actual learning along the way.

Personally I think hes over-rated.