Dogomania

Ugh, stupid owner rant.

abker17

The people that live across the street from me have a beagle named Bella. This dog gets out at least once every two weeks.
Right now it's pitch black outside, raining, and the traffic is heavy. So of course, just as I come outside to walk Abby, I see Bella running around. Now you'd think that when someone's dog gets out they'd want to go chase after it and try to lure it back home... not Bella's owners. Instead they stand on their screened porch and WATCH the dog weave through traffic whilst *I* try to get her to come to me. I never really chase her, I just bend down near her and call her name, act real happy etc. I've caught her once before.
And here's the kicker. These people stand out on their porch WITH THEIR CHILDREN, who are both under the age of 5. The little kids stand there and call Bella's name. What happens if Bella gets hit right in front of the children, which is a good possibility? Do these people even think?
I'm so frustrated. This poor little dog. I chased her around for awhile but I'm so afraid I'm going to accidently chase her into the road or see her get hit. :(

Okay, update. Right after I wrote the first post I didn't see Bella outside anywhere so I decided to try to get Abby (Who was basically bouncing off the walls,) a walk.
As soon as we got across the street little Bella, who had apparently been camping out beside her owner's house, came running out at us baying like the antichrist had arrived. She kept her distance at first, and Abby's hackles were raised so I was trying to keep my distance as well. But I soon realized that she was going to follow us. So I walked up to the owner's house, and the guy came out and told me to take Abby up onto his porch and lure her up there. By this point Abby is snarling and being her un-friendly self, but I managed to pull her onto the porch and keep her away from Bella long enough for the woman to grab her and shove her inside. :roll:
I was so shaken up that I didn't remember to ask the man how Bella keeps getting out or offer him any re-call training tips. (Not that they would probably bother to use them anyway.) :x