Dogomania

Another stupid breeder!

Ash

Well Actually the same as I talked about last time.

My cousins bitch had her puppies 8 of them, full bred chocolate labs, and she is doing well.
Aparently, he doesn't think it's dangerous breeding her that young.

He has no idea what he's doing, and last I heard plans on selling the pups for 200-300$ each.

Ewww. I wish they had laws regarding it. I'm going to write the housing authority where he lives, and suggest dogs be spayed/neutured. Trust me, nobody has a legit practice in breeding animals there... It's just a small indian reservation.

Edited to add, his dog is 1 1/2 if that.

Oh dear :o - some people should not own dogs !! :evil:
Is the bitch at least a Champion ? Has your cousin picked the stud dog carefully ? Are both parents healthy - no genetic diseases ? etc.etc.

Backyard breeding should be outlawed in my view !! There are enough dogs out there in search for a home .......... I just hope for the pup's sake that he at least informs himself about rearing a litter of puppies. :(
You are absolutely right to be mad at your cousin. :roll: :-?

well such people canot be called " breeders", there are simple NOT. not only because they do such a things but also the definition of breeder is of a person who has one female atlist ( by FCI anyway ) and he did 3 litters or more, this somones breeds for the benifits of the breed ect, ect..... you canot call sombody who did one litter a "breeder".
didn't your club has laws against breeding unter 15-18 months? or he doing it without papers anyway?
well this litter is lost, the only thing we can do is try to explane him and hope that the puppys will go to good homes and won't continio this breedings... and hopfully you can nag him enough so he will neuture his dog?? as i know when you show the fact very unplasent ( pics, storys, a trip to the pound and more ) some of the people when they see the problem with there own eyes ( and you just can't ignore the eyes of the dogs in the shelter ) they understand much better and this understanding stays with them like a trouma, and if it's not enough they walking to a worse shelter, again and if you can let them see how the dogs are led to be put to sleep :x ( it'll be bad for you but after this no way they will ever miss the point again :evilbat: ) the net full with sad videos about dogs put to sleep, let them see it, let them cry a bite and then we will see if they EVER will try it again :evil:

I only used the term, because he plans on doing this again, and his brother plans on getting one of their puppies and breed it with his Chocolate lab. It's sick. I'm pretty sure that his male dog and his brothers came from the same litters.

I wish there was laws outlining this kind of stupidity.

And no, his bitch isn't a champion but his male dog is.

When your dog has a litter, you are a breeder. Calling someone anything else removes the responsibility. Rather it was planned or not, when a dog in your care has puppies you are responsible for those lives (and in most cases the deaths they cause).
As for the planned or not, I believe that all litters are planned on some level. If they weren't, then why wouldn't the bitch be spayed? (rather the right male got to her or rather it was on the right heat is irrevelant- a litter was still planned, and there it is!)

(obviously, if you take in a dog that is about to whelp the term breeder doesn't apply, but that isn't often the case)

What is animal control like in your area? Where I live, if an unaltered animal is picked up by AC it is altered before being returned. So if you ever get to petsit for the labs....

I plan on talking with the housing commision. I'm not sure about Animal Control there, but I will call. I don't care if he has a baby on the way or not, and this is his mean's of extra cash. I'm almost positive they will do something about it if the dogs are allowed on the property, with the problems with dogs they have been having lately.

I won't go near his labs. At least the female. The female has always been really mean from what I've been told. People in his family are even afraid of her. So not only that- but he bred a dog with a bad temperment.

WoofNPurr, no matter what you call it this person is't a breeder. the problems is that today every littel person who did a litter planed or not call himself a "breeder", and they aren't.
a breeder is kind of profession, art, you study it for years, you planing and you developing.
in english you don't have yhe same problems as in hebrew, you have names like " hendler", "breeder", owner" etc, and ech and everyone of them is somting els....
this man is an OWNER of a dog who whelped, he isn't in any case a BREEDER and by calling him that way you compering him to the really breeders. now if he will countinio to breed like that he will be called a BYB and his doing will be puppy milling and not a kennel and breeding plan.i'm saing it only to show who is this person is and not in any way to show that he's right and good. for all i care we should burn him on a stake :evilbat:

That bugs me so much! Last week someone I know said they want to buy an acreage and breed dogs!! :evil: They can't even control the little demon dog they have, it's a terror!!!
I had an idea that I think would do some good. For any unneutered or spayed dog you own there should be a yearly breeding licence you have to buy, say $300 to $500 per unspayed female and about $200 per unneutered male. Anythime someone has a female dog the first thing they think of is breeding her. I've had so many people ask if my Jesse could breed their female dog. :evil: Until I tell them he's neutered and that they should do the same with their dog instead of adding to the problem. :evil:

OMG Don't even get ME started on this topic. I hear all the time about irresponsible breeders, those who think they know how to breed and have bred many dogs, and they still have no clue when they think it's okay to breed a dog with a small defect, they say " I'm going to breed it out of them with this litter" ie....small muzzle or droopy eyelids, AAGGGHHH I want to take ahold of them like Homer does Bart Simpson. Many dog owners come to me and they (dog) have some type of aggression and they are planning on breeding the dog, I try my best to tell them how the pups will take on the traits of the mom and mimic her attitude from the time they are born. I wish I could take a full page ad out and or put up a billboard to inform people to not buy a pup from these people ( the ones who have no ideal what they are doing). I am pretty patient in my field but this one I do have to count to 10 before I talk to someone when they ask and tell them every dog you have kills a dog at the shelter. Is there any way you can stand somewhere off property when they try and sell the pups to inform people not to buy them or offer a low price for inferior pups? Is that too extreme...anyone? I need to count to 100.......~/:\~