Dogomania

about hounds....

courtnek

Inever had one before. I adopted a "lost cause" who had ben returned twice, because of fear issues...

in two years she has become a heart dog. she does well in the house, although never lived in one before. she has gotten over a lot of her fears,
and is accepting people. she has saved me from the kitchen garbage being on fire....

tonight, I am home, watching TV, and came here to read. she was not her normal self...she climbed into my lap, and whined. she sometimes does this because my son and friends are outside, and she wants out, but cant go because the gate is open. they left, closed the gate. she is still climbing in my lap...the Lab is also antsy now...there is snow on the ground, and I am in shorts and a t-shirt, but I put shoes on and go out with both. my sons cat had escaped, AGAIN, and was caught behind the gate. his friends come in and out and dont pay attention.

without thinking, I opened the gate. Laurel ran out, and I thought CR@P, I'm going to have to catch HER....and she stopped on a call and came right back in, nosing Ford and leading him to the house.

all are in now. Thank you Laurel, its too cold for Ford to be out...

and yes, Hounds CAN get along with smaller "prey" animals...she loves Ford...didnt want him lost or hurt...

Guest Oscar The Grouch

[quote name='BentleysMom']That's a great story. :D I wish any of my dogs were that attentive when one of the cats decides to escape![/quote]

Our dogs think of only 3 things

Food, treats, sleep

And luke also thinks about running into things head first.

Cats are the last thing on their minds..

[quote name='Michele']you aint nothing but a hound dog, crying all the time....hehe..sorry, that popped into my head when i read this thread...... :lol:[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: actually, I sing that to her al the time. she loves it, and now she'll answer to "Aint Nothin'" as a name...its pretty funny....