Dogomania

puppy class

rotten_two

well i think i might have pissed off/scared away my first clients! am i scary (ess, jess, michele -> not a peep)? i think i might have mentioned this bozo in my class who basically wanted me to tell him it is ok to leash pop for attention :roll: he looked shocked when i said no it is not ok. he was very heavy handed and just jerked this poor sweet little gsdx around all the time. i tried to give him alternatives - movement, call her name, food, etc. he did slightly better with me coaching. then it happened. his wife had just had wrist surgery and her stitches were still in. she got the bright idea to handle the dog. something happened and he wrist got re-injured and she dropped the leash. dad was like 3 feet away and the dog ran up to him. he picked up the leash and jerked her off her feet! well i saw red and as hard as i tried to keep my composure i couldn't! he met the sharp side of my tongue but i feel it was warranted. i could not have slept that night if i had turned a blind eye!

of course he missed the last 3 classes and he is home jerking his dog around so i really accomplished nothing! :roll:

Oh dear - I feel sorry for that dog, but I can't blame you for losing your cool under the circumstances. :evilbat: What is it with people that they always have to resort to brute force when they feel helpless or incompetent? To me, people who manhandle their dogs show, how little they really know about them............. :(

[quote name='CoalSky']:o What an idiot.

What I dont' understand is when you take your dog to puppy class, or obediance class or whatever class, you're there to be taught by someone who (usually) knows their stuff about dog. So what I don't get is when the student tries to know all and teach the teacher... what's up with that? Why even bring your dog to class if you're not willing to use the teacher's methods :roll:[/quote]

And she had to deal with my dad. :lol: :lol: :lol: