Dogomania

Help.... found a dog. *updated*

I found a red heeler on my street... people around here have seen this dog around for weeks. I saw someone chasing it before, so maybe she just got out again... :-? No collar on. :roll:

Shes dog and cat aggressive so I cant keep her or even foster her....

Shes barking like crazy in the garage. :( :x I put a radio in there with her but I guess it hasnt helped any. I need to get her to stop barking. :o My moms already mad at me about this, but this dog is going to keep her up all night so that will make things worse. Any ideas?

I have to start contacting rescues and shelters tomorrow ...I really dont want to take her to a kill shelter but that all they have around here that will come pick her up. :cry:

I walked around all night asking if anyone had lost a dog, but no luck. Ill try again tomorrow. Maybe put up signs... but she wont be staying here long. My mom just wont have it.

I URGENTLY need ideas to get this dog quiet otherwise my mom is going to let this dog loose again. She already almost got hit by a car. :cry:

Im working on an email right now to all my rescue buddies for help with getting this dog placed. Chelo def. came to mind.... her heeler is named Demon! :o :lol: I think this dog should be named Demon II! :o :roll:

She finally stopped barking/whining. Phew! Still want help with the baring problem just in case she starts up again. Of course I know not to pay her attention because that makes it worse but anything else that will help???? :-? :(

Well, I finally got some sleep. :-? Still tired though....
She settled down after a while. She had a bone to chew on so maybe that helped. I put a blanket over the crate she was in too.

Alan, youre right. Last time I checked on her the poor thing was shaking... even with me there she was still whimpering a bit. :(

Well, Im off to try and find owners again... then Ill be trying to find a group to take her or someone to foster her. Im almost positive shes got an owner. Her fur is grown in strange like Kats because of a collar... :-? Ive seen her around here before. I hope she doesnt have some idiot owners who just let her roam. :roll: If thats the case, I think she might be better off getting re-adopted.

Michele, [i]I[/i] cant. My mom is at work and shes expecting this dog to be gone by the time she comes home. :o :x

I dont even know where to start with this. :( I mean, Ive emailed my rescue people and in the long run that would probably help, but this is urgent!

My mom expects someone to come pick the dog up today. :roll: The only people who will do that (so quickly) is animal control. :cry: Im not letting this dog go to a kill shelter. My mom wanted me to let the dog go last night. :evil:

Oh, and Kat and the heeler are getting along now. :) They played together all morning. Still, cant foster the dog because of Lucky. This dog has a high prey drive as you can imagine, afterall she is a cattle dog. :P

Well, good news (kinda).... The SPCA of McKinney came and got her. :) Hopefully she'll be adopted out. I wouldve rather had her go to a rescue/no-kill shelter but this is better than her being let loose again or be taken by animal control. :(

I posted flyers just before they came... so who knows, an owner may call yet.

Oh, and I spoke way too soon about Kat and the ACD getting along. :roll: I had taken Kat inside since I had to go in (and I obviously dont want to leave them together unsupervised) and because this dog keeps barking so much I put a bone out for her, hoping it would keep her quiet. She didnt touch it so I brought it back in and let Kat out. Apparently the dog thought it was still out there and got possessive. Next thing I know theyre at each other's throats. :x Took me a while to break up the fight... they knocked me down and when I did get ahold of one dog theyd break loose... eh, it was a nightmare. Theyre fine.... Kats bleeding a tad bit on her neck/chest area, but its just a scratch, no big deal. I tried re-introducing them. Kat was willing to forgive and forget but the heeler wasnt. She definitely needs to be the only dog.... if she cant get along with Kat, she cant get along with ANY dog. :lol: Kat is the most submissive and friendly dog ever. She knows exactly how to win over other doggies. :P