Dogomania

Candy was Excellent and a goober in the same day!

Carolk9s

Candy and I were in Manassas VA today for AKC trials. We left in the dark and got home well after dark, we are both very tired but I we both had a great time.
Her first run of the day was in Excellent Standard, she was clean, we were under course time and earned our second Excellent leg. She was a bit pokey in the weaves but then turned on the afterburners for the final 3 jumps, she pretty much took the zigzag pattern on her own as she had left me in the dust. Our teacher was at the gate, felt good to hear her say 'What a GREAT run!'
It was a few hours until our jumpers with weaves run, we started good then as I turned with her from jump 5, I froze, my mind had gone BLANK! For just a split second, I had no clue where we were going. Candy knew where she was going but it was not OVER jump 6, she daintily stepped right between the vertical bars of the jumps left standard. It just had to be a winged jump didn't it! That was our NQ but I got my senses back and we continued. All I can say is I was cold, my feet hurt and I was tired, but what the heck, we had fun and her finish over another crazy zigzag path of jumps was again really nice.
No more trials til the spring.