Dogomania

Dammit, stupid MSNBC Today show....

They certainly boosted the popularity of those damn "puggles" ... I logged onto AOL and guess what was on the my Welcome page?!? :roll: Apparently its one of the top searches today. :x Gag me with a effin spork! :evil:

Im so sick of all these fucking breeders breeding fucking mutts and calling them new fucking breeds!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

I was at my local mall today and decided to wander into the puppymill outlet (aka the pet store) and actually saw a puggle there. Too small for my own tastes (hey, an Aussie, a beagle and a Sibe in the house, so to me these look like they'll be small!!). Didn't even ask what they were going for around here, just turned around and left!! I cannot imagine spending big money for a mixed-breed pup when I could adopt from the local Humane group for $50, including shots and spay/neuter!!

It's probably because Jake Gyllenhal is the 'IT' guy in Hollywood right now, and has one. He was on Ellen yesterday showing off pictures.

She asked why they mix the breeds. He said to take away the pugs breathing problems and the beagles howl.

But she also said I think that he rescued it. But she also said that it was the most popular dog - - - I'm sure that just added to the popularity.

[quote name='Ash']It's probably because Jake Gyllenhal is the 'IT' guy in Hollywood right now, and has one. He was on Ellen yesterday showing off pictures.

She asked why they mix the breeds. He said to take away the pugs breathing problems and the beagles howl.

But she also said I think that he rescued it. But she also said that it was the most popular dog - - - I'm sure that just added to the popularity.[/quote]

Alright, now I dont think Jake is hot anymore. :roll: :lol:
and I used to like Ellen but damn, shes adding to the problem now too?! :x :(

[quote name='Ash']It's probably because Jake Gyllenhal is the 'IT' guy in Hollywood right now, and has one. He was on Ellen yesterday showing off pictures.

[color=red]She asked why they mix the breeds. He said to take away the pugs breathing problems and the beagles howl.[/color]
But she also said I think that he rescued it. But she also said that it was the most popular dog - - - I'm sure that just added to the popularity.[/quote]

How can they actually know that will happen when they breed them ???
They can never be sure of the outcome....... :-?

[quote name='__crazy_canine__']Alright, now I dont think Jake is hot anymore. :roll: :lol:
and I used to like Ellen but damn, shes adding to the problem now too?! :x :([/quote]

I love Ellen! She didnt say anything more than how the dogs are very popular, all her pets I know she adopts from local shelters.

They other day on my local news, they did a segment promoting the "Puggle". It was disgusting, they went to this "breeder's" house ( I use the term loosely for these people) and where talking about how they sell the dogs for $800 each. And the lady just looked like white trash, it made me soooo mad that the local news was basically selling these dogs to the public. :pissed:

[quote name='ShatteringGlass']They other day on my local news, they did a segment promoting the "Puggle". It was disgusting, they went to this "breeder's" house ( I use the term loosely for these people) and where talking about how they sell the dogs for $800 each. And the lady just looked like white trash, it made me soooo mad that the local news was basically selling these dogs to the public. :pissed:[/quote]

That must be what my dad saw on tv. He mentioned something last night to me. He saw something about "those 'designer' dogs." But he couldn't remember, "Pugs and something else." I kind went off on a rant and he was a little taken aback. I had to explain to him that I wasn't mad at him, I just feel strongly about that stuff. I was mad a the 'breeders' of these dogs.

I have no idea about the Genes thing, I think it's personally really stupid. It's like seeing 'labradoodles' promoted to me.

Although my friend Did have a beagle/pug mix she got from a shelter, and it didnt really look like Jakes. So it's weird. I hope the puggle howls.. lol !

I still think Jakes hot, though. I know bad me :( lol.