Dogomania

Neighbor's dog

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I've been sitting here for the last half hour with a massive headache. All during that time I've been listening to someone's dog bark. The same dog barking constantly. It hasn't stopped for more than a few seconds the entire time. Still going on right now as a matter of fact.

Now I know that it's early evening (only 6 here) so I don't guess they're breaking any noise ordinances. But how can someone let the dog just continously bark like that? If I'm outside with my dogs and they start barking (without stopping) then I tell them to stop. Sometimes that doesn't work but then I bring them inside so whatever they're barking at is no longer an issue.

I swear I think I need to go for a drive (or walk) and find out where this dog is. It's starting to sound like the poor dog is always outside. I just don't get people. :-?

Guest Anonymous

Yeah, finally stopped after about an hour and a half. But this dog does it all the time. Day after day. I can't hear him if I'm in the bedroom but when downstairs and with a headache it's like someone stabbing you in the brain with an icepick! :o I feel sorry for the poor dog though.

That would drive me nuts too. I've been working real hard on the barking training with my dogs, and they're being great (and they NEVER did it continuously). But people who don't even do anything when their dogs bark continuously is just plain bad dog ownership. Have you talked to them about their dog? If you have a good relationship with your neighbor you might want to talk to them before you make a call on them.

I agree, continual barking is a pain..but let me tell you another side to this story, which makes me think the barking should be looked into, instead of condemned..

I had an elderly neighbor with a Golden, Taffy, who loved to be outside. Mary would let him out, then fall asleep in her chair, and when he wanted to come in he would bark and bark. arounf 10:00 at night. the neighbors were all complaining, the cops would come to her house, and she would sleep thru the knocking on the door.

they would then come to neighboring homes, mine included. I finally got Mary to give me a key, so I could put Taffy in if she fell asleep. that seemed to rouse her, and Taffy didnt bark at night any more.

one night, Taffy was barking at 11:00. I called Mary, no answer. I went over to put Taffy in (and hadnt had to do that for weeks)and she wasnt there. no one was there.Mary had died that day,, and had been taken away earlier. her daughter had found her, and put Taffy out while removal of the body was going on. then forgot about her, with the loss of her mother and all...

I took Taffy in and kept her for three days, till the daughter came and took her home. her kids loved Taffy, so she kept her.

she wasnt bad, she was just upset and had priorities...

if the barking continues, please check it out.

Now... I'm a dog lover but I cannot and will not tolerate barking that goes on and on! :o It goes through my brain so bad arghhh! I live pretty far out in the country and most of the dogs on the farms are kept in at night, so my major bone of contention lies with the foxes because once those guys get started with that high pitched yipping, its hard to think straight!