Dogomania

HELP!!! I lost Kiani

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I don't know what happened, I don't know if she jumped out of the truck or if some one took her.

I picked up my mom from work and decided to go to the salvation army store to pick up some clothes and things for our trip to Disney this weekend. I usually take Kiani with me every where or leave her at my mom's, but there's a new caregiver for my brother and I don't like her one bit, and I didn't trust that she would keep Kiani inside. (Plus the manager of the park hates Kiani but can't do anything about it, so if he saw her out, he would send her to the pound).
We were in the store for a half hour, and the front is all glass windows, and I saw her a few times staring at the door waiting for me to come out. When I did come out, she wasn't there. And I tied her leash to the seatbelt so she wouldn't jump out of the window, but I didn't do it very good.
She likes to run away at home and my mom's, well she preffers to take herself on walks shall I say because she pees and poos a few times then shows up on the door step like she did nothing wrong. And she's darted out the door if me or Kari has gotten out.

I've made posters but I've been so busy with things that I haven't been able to get downtown yet, and I'm waiting for Kari to get off work to help put them up.
I talked to the police department immediatly afterwards, and I contacted animal control (I also plan on stopping by there on my way to downtown). And one of the guys that works in the store has my name and number in case she shows back up in the area.

I don't know what else to do. I have a horrible habit of not locking the doors and I noticed that they weren't locked when I came back. So there is a possibility some one took her. But anything valuable in the car was still there, such as my game boy sp sitting in the middle seat.
Worst of all, we're leaving for Disney tonight, and I can't afford to loose my 150$ for the resort. Kari's not sure if we should call it off, but it's hard for her to get days off, I'm bringing my mom for a first time and she hasn't been in years, it's the last weekend of the food and wine festival, and we have passes for a techie trade show up there. I've been looking forward to this trip for the past few months.

She's a good 10-15 miles from anywhere she would know. And since she's a samoyed she seems to be able to run forever before she gets tired. And who knows how far she can run before that happens. And what happens if she heads north away completly away from everything she knows. She also doesn't have her tags on her. Yesterday morning before we headed out I noticed they fell off once again and I found her name tag, but couldn't find the rabies tag, so I stuck it in my pocket to make sure I had it when I went to disney.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Michele'][quote]But anything valuable in the car was still there, such as my game boy sp sitting in the middle seat.
[/quote]

the only thing valuable in the car was your companion.....geez....[/quote]
Michele, I think she was just trying to imply that things a possible robber could have stolen were still there. :wink:

Didn't read the whole post yet. :oops: Hope you find Kiani.

Guest Anonymous

I don't need your criticism. She isn't a valuable. She's my dog, part of the family, my baby.
And what more can I do here?? I've searched the neighborhood, but it's all on the intercoastal and she hates the water. I don't know how she would react to traffic I don't know if the 6 lanes of broward blvd would scare her back into the warehouses or if she would dare dart across the road. Thankfully I haven't seen any road kill in the area. My eyes can only see so much, I can only search so much in Downtown Ft Lauderdale. And it could've been up to 20-30 minutes at the most before I even got to the car. I've watched her behavior before, she'll watch me till I get out of site, then whine and howl for a little bit, then stare out the window, then just lay down with this really sad look like she's been abandoned. And since the store front was all glass I left the back window of the truck open so she could see me inside the store which usually calms her nerves a little.

The only phone I have is my cell, so it's not like I can't be reached. And Kari's mom said if she was found she could be taken to her house till we got back. This is only a three day trip. And there's a whole lot to get done up there. One being that Kari needs to talk with the HR manager of Home Depot cause we're planning on moving there by dec 28th. And we need to check out some more apartments, and we're going to the trade show, which tickets have already been bought for. And this trip was for my mom and brother to enjoy disney. We make 5-6 trips up there a year, it's not a big deal to us. It's not like we've been saving all year for it, but yes 150$ is quite a bit of money.

Guest Anonymous

I've also made a couple posts on websites for people in this direct area. So maybe at least a few of them can keep thier eyes out for her. I don't even know the area that well, I live at least 10 miles away from it and I try to avoid the area. Everything we do is out west.

We live in hollywood, by young circle park. And Kari works out in Davie, and my mom lives about a 1 mile north of that, and Kari's parents live a half hour north of my moms. I wouldn't be so worried about these areas because I take her out on my scooter, and her original home was in Kari's parent's neighborhood. Since she was an owner surrender at the pound the had the address on her card, and I copied it down.
But she's in an area that even I would get lost in if the streets weren't in numerical order. Major streets have names but they all have numbers, except for some areas like hollywood and hallandale that use thier own numbering system.

Guest Anonymous

she's not valuable???? you just said she's part of your family...

valuables have a price tag, and maybe her price tag a year ago was 60$, but there is no tag on her anymore.

what more can you do...CANCEL your trip until you FIND your family member
If I do cancel my trip, what am I to do, go sit at the salvation army store hoping she turns up? Ft lauderdale isn't a little town in the country.

you dont know much, do ya?
Well how often do you let your dog play in traffic?

thats THREE days too long
Three days to do what? Give me a good reason to do something here. I've contacted all the authority people, the lady at the police station told another lady in the office to put out word to the cops to keep an eye out for her.
And I still have this afternoon to finish what I need to, and there's only two dog parks in the area that I can go to to put posters up. And everywhere around where I lost her.

you will be be able to STILL enjoy your trip wondering where the h*** your dog is???
This isn't some enjoyable relaxing trip. This a trip that things have to get done. And yes it might be relaxing to sit on the shore of ft wilderness and watch wishes, but there's not much more time than that. Sunday is the only day we're gonna be there in the parks. This is a disney trip for my mom and brother, and yes maybe she's worried too, but she's got more limitations than me.

I made this post in hopes of some helpful reponses like did you call this organization or make posters or here's a message board for that area, post it here.

[quote name='Debbie']:-? I don't know what you were meaning by that last post..... were you trying to insinuate that it was hopeless to look ??

Have you tried calling Animal Control in the area that you were in ??
Have you called the Shelters where she went missing ???[/quote]

Did you not read mine ???? Did you call all the places ??

Guest Anonymous

Maybe I am saying it's hopless to look because I don't know where to start. I've check the area around, but most of its warehouses and apartment buildings.

I don't know of vets in the area, but yes I could contact my vet and ask them if they know of any in the area or put the word out.
I've contacted animal control. I've contacted the humane society (the only two shelters in the area that I know of). I went down to the ft lauderdale police station and put in a report. And in about 5 minutes I'll be leaving to go get kari to put posters up.

Guest Anonymous

Have you ever chased after a samoyed that can run as fast as a greyhound? And takes about 5 hours at the dog park to tire out??

It ain't that easy. And if you do a map search you could see where things are located. To give you an idea, in normal everyday driving we do 25,000 miles in one year. Then minus about 2,000 miles for all the trips to disney. And that's just normal every day city driving.

I don't know Sandra.....if I were in your shoes I'd be driving/walking all over that place while it was light, looking, calling......

I didn't go on vacation for 4yr. because I couldn't find a responsible person to come into my home and take care of my 3 Grrlz.....
Much to the chagrin of my husband......
My dogs mean that much to me. :angel:

If I were in your spot right now, I couldn't eat, sleep, etc.... I'd be sick !!!
Let alone still planning on going to the beach.... :roll:

Wow, I dont really know what to write. What is so important about your trip that you would go instead of staying AND LOOKING UNDER EVERY FREAKING ROCK for your dog????? Dont just contact orgs expecting them to find your dog, get your ass off the internet and this forum, and keep looking around.
You are looking for apartments? Great, I am sure there will still be plenty there in the next week or 2 weeks, how about giving yourself a chance to find your dog first.
Your gf has an appointment with an HR person for Home Depot? IF she already works for Home Depot, then it should not be a problem to reschedule. If she doesnt even work for HD and this is a job-interview, why doesnt she JUST GO BY HERSELF?
Why you would even bring up Disneyland, or $150 baffles me.

Guest Anonymous

I do plan on going over to look with my own eyes. But I called immediatly after it happened to put in a report that she was missing, and I know there was no way for her to be picked up that soon and taken to the shelter. Plus she's trailing a leash, So in most people's eyes it looks like a lost dog, not just a stray. And she is tatooed on the inside of her leg.

jeeeezus joseph and the shepherds girl! what is wrong with you? $150 are you kidding me -- you are afraid of losing money when your freakin dog is missing? and make no mistake it is your own fault! i don't know what you expect from us besides grief for being irresponsible! are we supposed to console you? tell you it's ok? if she is a 'part of your family' you should make a little effort to get her back. if she is known to wander and escape don't leave her in a car whilst you go shop! hope you got some nice outfits cause you lost the best friend you will ever have!

Guest Anonymous

I called it hopeless after five minutes. Do any of you realize what a city looks like? Do any of you realize how far an animal can travel in a short period of time?
I looked for four hours before it got unsafe for even us to look. I asked nearby business if they saw her, and nobody did.
Where do you start when in a city you don't even know yourself?

:-? Personally Sandra I think your dogs missing status is more of an annoyance to you, because you want to get going on this trip and you have other plans that are more important than going out and hoofing the streets for your dog......
I wouldn't be on the computer if my dog was missing......especially during the daylight hours when I'd be able to search better....
:(

Guest Anonymous

Well the outfits weren't for me. Although I did manage find a really pretty royal blue collared shirt for Kari's speech monday night for class. And I also found this adorable little snowman candle holder, never been used. And Kari likes snowmen a lot.
Also found two jumpers, one with mickey and the gang for my nephew, only 3$, and a really cute one with winnie the pooh and flowers for my neice, although she'll have time to grow into it.

[quote name='SandrA9810']Well the outfits weren't for me. Although I did manage find a really pretty royal blue collared shirt for Kari's speech monday night for class. And I also found this adorable little snowman candle holder, never been used. And Kari likes snowmen a lot.
Also found two jumpers, one with mickey and the gang for my nephew, only 3$, and a really cute one with winnie the pooh and flowers for my neice, although she'll have time to grow into it.[/quote]

:o :o :o

I'm wondering if this is just some game to you ? Is your dog [i]really[/i] missing or are you here trolling ??? :x

[quote name='SandrA9810']Well the outfits weren't for me. Although I did manage find a really pretty royal blue collared shirt for Kari's speech monday night for class. And I also found this adorable little snowman candle holder, never been used. And Kari likes snowmen a lot.
Also found two jumpers, one with mickey and the gang for my nephew, only 3$, and a really cute one with winnie the pooh and flowers for my neice, although she'll have time to grow into it.[/quote]

WTF????!!!!! Is she posting in two different forums at the same time and got them mixed up????? She is thinking about fucking OUTFITS???? Now I have steam coming out of me ears. Go find your poor dog you dumbass BITCH.