Dogomania

What would you like to teach your dog?

Bubblezzz

This is an idea that bf & I have toyed with for a long time.

We'd like to teach Cosmic to "read" a menu. :lol:

How it might work:

[b]Tools:[/b]
- 4 Menu "Cues" ---> Laminated pictures (a fish, a cow, a sheep and a chicken) glued onto differently shaped objects. (Could be children's plastic toy blocks or something.)
- Lots of cooked fish, lamb, beef and chicken. :lol:
- A clicker.

Starting with one cue, we'll teach him to associate bringing us (or pawing) a specific cue with a certain type of food. Eg.: When Cosmic paws the 'chicken' cue, he gets a piece of chicken.

Once he learns one cue, we teach him the next - and interchange them so that he understands that the different cues stand for different foods.

Once he learns all 4 :D (YAY!) we can ask him at dinner:
[b]"Chicken, Fish, Beef or Lamb today?"[/b] :eating: :lol: :lol: And he'll paw the cue to 'order' his meal!! :lol:

Cool or what?! 8) And we don't have to guess his favourites anymore. ;)

Anything you guys would like to teach your dogs? And how would you go about teaching it?

Theres lots of things Id love to teach my dog. Although most things Id rather start on a pup... an APBT puppy to be exact. :wink: *cough Hmmmm cough* :lol:

Im kind of impatient so I dont know if Id ever really do any of this, but Id really like to teach Kat (and my future dogs) to learn the names of all their toys and to pick them up and put them away on cue.

I want my dogs to fetch me Pepsi from the fridge too. :lol: I see that on tv all the time and everytime I do, I think it would be awesome to teach a dog to do that.

A few tricks Id like to teach are play dead, say your prayers, shake, etc. I know how to teach them but at the same time I dont.... I just cant seem to get Kat to do it right. :oops:

Guest Anonymous

I would love to teach my dogs to clean up their toys! Ya know just pick them up and drop them into their toybox. I've stepped on, tripped over, stubbed toes, etc. so many times I've lost count! :lol: Every time that I clean up the toys they always drag them ALL right back out again. Doesn't matter if they're playing with them or not. They ALL have to be out on the floor! :roll: