Dogomania

Poodle attacks pit bull (and owner)

__crazy_canine__

I agree. that the Pit aggressiveness towards animals didnt come out is a very good thing. because it would just be "another Pit Bull attack"...still it also shows that any dog can be aggressive. the Poodle was lucky. I hope his owner realizes that, and gets that dog in for some training....

:o

[quote name='CoalSky']That artical STILL aims negatively at the pit bull (they could at least spell it right :o ). It says that the poodle attacked after the pit bull didn't like it :roll: Puhleese, that poodle could have attacked for any reason. They didn't have to say it was because the pit bull didn't like the poodle, as if to justify that the poodle attacked and try to turn it around on the pit bull!

At least it shows any dog can attack, I'll give them that.[/quote]

Yeah I noticed that too. :roll: It really ticked me off when I first read it but oh well... its better than another pit bull attack/bite story.

I got bit by a collie once so I'm most afraid of them. No offense to anyone who has one lol.

My dog has beaten up one of the neighborhod pitbulls before on his chain. My brother went out there to scare it away but it was obvious who'd win the fight, Smokie likes to fight- unfortuantely. But then again you'd never here about a lab kicking a pits ass. And yes the pit did try to fight back but Smokes too viscous around other animals-- except for small dogs. He doesnt care much about them.

Thats a fearless poodle, I'll tell ya! Too bad people will find humor in this though.

[quote name='Alan'][quote name='courtnek']I agree. that the Pit aggressiveness towards animals didnt come out is a very good thing. because it would just be "another Pit Bull attack"...still it also shows that any dog can be aggressive. the Poodle was lucky. I hope his owner realizes that, and gets that dog in for some training....

:o[/quote]

Some of my pits would try to kill any kind of small animal. Most of them, would literaly take an a** beating from a smaller dog. I think it is because they dont see it as a threat. I think it is similar to a 3 year old trying to beat me up. Im not going to fight him.

Once I had a ferret with babies. I was cleaning the cage and Bravo just came in the room. The mother ferret, ran out of the cage and attacked him. She was literaly hanging from his throat, chattering. He never got mad. He just gave me this look that said, "Please get this anoying thing off me!"[/quote]

its the "some" that I would be worried about. because no one really knows what sets the aggression off that first time...and I have been told there really is no way to tell...the dog might be fine one minute, and then suddenly turn the next.....if thats wrong correct me, but I have heard that from more than one person, Hmmm being one of themI believe. I am always up to learning new things though, so join in!

Guest Anonymous

You are right Court. they can turn on at any time, at any age.
Most of my dogs seem to get on fairly well with small dogs, but cats, squirrels, really anything small other than a dog, will bother them.
My housedog, Tage, her two best friends are little weenie dogs but she has killed two squirrels and a possum over the past month and a half or so, and goes crazy when she sees them. My Annie can run around the other dogs without a problem. Whiskey wont even allow another dog, male or female near him. It just depends on the dog. Some will never turn on but I dont think its a chance anyone should take.