Dogomania

Torn on pit bulls (again)

BuddysMom

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello again, I am not a troll, yes fear dog fan directed me here, I have only posted on that forum, about 90 times, new to the whole forum thing anyway. I came here looking for another forum to post on, not to stir up trouble. Actually fear dog fan said very nice things about this forum, what I was posting was my observation about the very first thread I got on and read. I was posting my opinions is that wrong? And yes I posted on the other thread asking about matching, but I never said any names or forum. I am not bashing this forum, I am bashing dog fighting.

I was asking a honest question how is this topic able to be discussed. Because matching is fighting, if you were caught matching dogs, you would be considered fighting. Which is illegal. I didn't figure it was aginst the rules to talk about the other forum ,since talking about matching or dog fighting whatever is ok. I searched this topic and found yes there is long discussions on it, apparently others have said things about this being discussed as well.

I'm sorry if it seemed like I was just stirring up trouble, I just very much disagree with fighting, but now I see it is not something that is supported throughout this thread.

And I don't rescue pit bulls or give diane jessup hand jobs. I don't always agree with things over there.

[quote name='spirallollipop']And I don't rescue pit bulls or give diane jessup hand jobs. [/quote]

The fact that you have answered that so seriously makes me giggle. Ok, I'm outright laughing... hard.

"I don't give her handjobs, I swear!!"

I'm not picking on you. It was just that part of that post, and it sounded so serious. :lol:

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Horsefeathers!'][quote name='spirallollipop']And I don't rescue pit bulls or give diane jessup hand jobs. [/quote]

The fact that you have answered that so seriously makes me giggle. Ok, I'm outright laughing... hard.

"I don't give her handjobs, I swear!!"

I'm not picking on you. It was just that part of that post, and it sounded so serious. :lol:[/quote]
That was pretty freaking hilarious!!

[quote name='K'][quote name='spirallollipop']
I was asking a honest question how is this topic able to be discussed. .[/quote]

You will find that here we are able to discuss most things honestly and openly ...very different to over there and maybe you wont like it or find you cant deal with it...and thats ok too just choose not to post in the threads you dont like and post away in the ones you feel ok in...

[quote name='spirallollipop']
I didn't figure it was aginst the rules to talk about the other forum .[/quote]

We dont enforce the rules like a dictatorship here....we just know what works best and leaving other forums well alone is what works best for us....and generally whats safest for them :lol: ...seriously we have had a few people try to slag us off on other places thay think we wont find them like C@T forums and car forums...but we find them...and we set the other Board straight...[/quote]

I can live with the open honestly thing, I'm all for free speeh. Yeah I guess I'll treat it like the tv, change the channel. Talking about it and saying you do it though a little different, but I am just going to leave it alone. I found through the past posts that lots of people tried to talk about it, but didn't get through. Don't think that little old me will. People have there mentalities and they are hard to change. I'll admit that I have mine, like this topic. Won't change my opionion on it, so I'll leave it at that.

Just was surprised like I said, you know came over here to talk, find the first thread I read, I picked it cause I have pit bulls, thought it be something interesting. Just first impressions, which is not right to do, but I got pretty heated after reading it. Sorry if my first post was so flaming, I'm not usually like that :oops:

spirallollipop, no need to apologize. If anything, I apologize for talking smack about the other board. I just had Lasik, my eyes are all scratchy, and I am like a bull in a china shop. :evil:
So, please accept my apology, I am normally not a d*ck. We have had problems in the past where members of other boards simply join here to post on a single thread, and in essence spam us with their other forum(s) as well as just attempt to aggravate us. Perhaps I was a bit too quick to judge.
What brought you here, no doubt, is your love for the bully breed, which is a love that many of us (even if they dont own a pit) share.
Have a nice weekend everyone!

from someone who has been, ahem,"corrected" by K in the past(and I WAS wrong and will be the first to admit it) I can honestly say, without Alan begging... :lol: that K is a fair and honest moderator. she will tell U the rules you have broken, ask you to stop, and if you dont, she will throw your eviction out to the board for a vote....on that note:

[quote]For certain, some memebers here would not be welcome there!
[/quote]

I would probably be one of them, and banned in a heartbeat. here, opinions, while disagreed with, and stances on certain "not popular topics" are tolerated and allowed, as long as it doesnt become a bloodbath, and if it starts to be one,K will step in.

I have learned a lot here. about things I didnt know. and shared alot here, about things I do. Hmmm and I have had at it, and worked it out between us. as the famous quote goes "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

:drinking:

Ok Im not leaving this alone. I vote for a ban! Ill quote spirallollipop:

[quote][quote]Is there anyway to report them?[/quote][color=red]No unfortulently I only visted that forum and found them talking about this, I'm not sure I can get that kind of info out of them now, cause I kinda made it apparent that what they are doing is still fighting and illegal.[/color][/quote]

[quote][color=red]i couldn't beleive the stupidity.[/color][/quote]

Then as soon as Abker and FDF say something you turn around what youve said. :roll:

[quote][color=red]I am not attacking your forum. I am asking about matching. [/color][/quote]

Oh really? Yeah thats why you called us stupid and want to turn us into the police for having an opinion. :-? :roll:

CC I really don't think we should take this any further. spirallollipop realized she was in the wrong for being so quick to formulate an opinion on us. She did her research like we suggested and apologized. There is no need to start a board war by bringing her comments back up. She apologized, I see no need for a ban. She seems like a good person to me. Everyone makes mistakes.

[quote name='__crazy_canine__']Ok Im not leaving this alone. I vote for a ban! Ill quote spirallollipop:

[quote][quote]Is there anyway to report them?[/quote][color=red]No unfortulently I only visted that forum and found them talking about this, I'm not sure I can get that kind of info out of them now, cause I kinda made it apparent that what they are doing is still fighting and illegal.[/color][/quote]

[quote][color=red]i couldn't beleive the stupidity.[/color][/quote]

Then as soon as Abker and FDF say something you turn around what youve said. :roll:

[quote][color=red]I am not attacking your forum. I am asking about matching. [/color][/quote]

Oh really? Yeah thats why you called us stupid and want to turn us into the police for having an opinion. :-? :roll:[/quote]

You can ban me if you like. I am not ever saying this forum in bad, I was always referrring to the people and their beliefs about dog fighting matching whatever you want to call it. Which if you(person in general) think dog fighting is ok then I do beleive that is stupid or stupidity. I never mentioned any names, the forum or anything. Like I said I came to this forum by recommendation. The very first thread I read is this one. I asked on the other forum what is matching. Again never saying any names or this forum.

Nothing you quoted of me has me saying this forum is bad, there is a misunderstanding that I mean the people talking about matching/dog fighting not this forum when I say they or them. The person on the other forum asked me if there was any way I could report them, the person matching/fighting. I said no since I clearly made it apparent I don't support it.

Whoa. I was already sorry for what I said in my OP ... it was emotional ... as in, gee, maybe if people stopped breeding pit bulls then eventually the unprecedented crisis of their abuse (including BSL...) would also go away. It was a musing, and many here set me straight (some in a nicer way than others) :lol:

No I didn't mean for the thread to turn back to the discussion of "matching" much less a board conflict.

Spiralollipop, there is only one person here who "matches" (unless others are lying but I highly doubt it) and a VERY tiny few who doesn't 100 percent condemn it.

As misguided as *I* think this person is, I admire her for being honest, for sharing info and opinions, and would never want her banned. The number one reason is that she really cares about her dogs, and she is not a BYB by any stretch. She honestly thinks she is doing something good (which I honestly think is delusional... but that is just my opinion).

I think of Dogo as a safe, free speech place. I really haven't been on any other forums but from what I've heard I am extremely lucky to have found this one! The only people I owuld want to see banned are those who are trolling. Even BYB's are welcome IMO, if they follow the rules, because just maybe we can help change their minds.

[quote name='Alan']spirallollipop > Your convictions are understood and shared by many here. The part which is throwing you off is the friendships that exist here. Most of us feel we can agree to disagree. I dont agree with a lot of people on a lot of different topics. However, I still think they are good people and I cant force my beliefs on them, nor they on me. To ban them wouldnt solve anything, nor would it to continualy belittle them.

Lets just say, and this is only an example and nothing more, everyone here was dead set against dog fighting but 4 people. Would it not be best to befriend them, learn what makes them think it is ok and then hopefully teach them in a way that they learn on their own, why their line of thinking is wrong?

On the other hand, lets just say, as an example only again, if you are the four people and you think that dog fighting is not what it is made out to be, would it not be best, to educate the others here, in a way that they learn themselves that there are more than one type of dog fighting and that they are not the same.

The pont is that we learn from each others views. We try to be open minded enough to consider every possibility but we are still free to keep the same opinion that we started with.
Often times, the "pubic opinion" is dead wrong. I remember at one time, the general public thought the earth was flat. One lone guy sat out to prove everyone wrong and thak God he did.

Stay firm in your convictions and dont let anyone take that from you if you feel strongly about it but understand that others may feel they have just as many valid points to give them strong convictions from the other side of the fence. If you disagree, you dont have to hang out together, but you can still share the same neighborhood in peace.
[/quote]

I understand what your saying. I was actually completley unaware that there were people doing this that thought it was justified, I thought the people doing it knew they were wrong, but did it anyway. I don't know its like trying to convince me murder is right. Thats how strongly I feel about it. So I am just going to stay out of these discussions on here.

[quote name='Alan']

CC- It's ok! Inhale a deep breath! Now exhale slowly.................

Now, relax, now do one more thing. This will require some effort on your part. I need you to go to Walmart or whatever is the closest thing you have to it. I need you to find some glass slippers. Once you do, go try them on, walk over to the toy department and click them together, three times, while saying, "I will be good." Next, click them together three times again, and say "Everyone likes me."

Go put the slippers back, come back home, get on here, and tell me how you feel. Dont foret to send me $10. for the advice. :wink:[/quote]

Sorry dont have any money Alan.... and breathing didnt help because of other stuff going on at home right now. :roll: :cry:

Thanks for trying to help though... just not having a good day. :(

I hope everyone understands that this was the first I mean first thread I read. And I got the first impression, wrongly, that dog fighting matching whatever was ok here. You know like if I went to a forum and they were justifing racism, I would think the forum was ok with racists cause they allow it. I see now that this is more of a free discussion place were things can be discussed good or bad. From my first post

[quote name='spirallollipop']All I have heard to defend this matching are the same excuse fighters give for there dogs, it is sickening to read this, like it is accepted here. Please correct me if I am wrong. I mean I would like to think this is a forum I can be on without comprimising my morals.[/quote]

I asked to be corrected and you guys did. I can see how you guys got offended, it is like I am bashing your forum. That I couldn't be apart of your forum without comprimising my morals. Which I find is not the case. Also cause I threw out the ban word. I was asking why it was able to be talked about being done, not to ban any person.

relax Spiral, things are a little different here. you dont get banned for your opinion, if you get banned at all its because of continuously breaking the rules, deliberately trolling, bashing, basic nastiness, and lying...lying is a big thing to us, we all tend to get overworked over it. you are allowed to disagree, if you do it in a reasonably non-nasty way and dont bash. K is a good moderator, who understands, like Alan said, that sometimes seeing all sides of the story is the better learning experience. the more knowledge you have, the better choices you can make. we will share our knowledge with you. that sharing has become one of the big reasons were are all so close. even though most of us dont really know one another in person, we are kinda like a family. and in every family,disagreements are bound to happen, but you still try to keep the peace...

thanks Alan for what you said about your other place. I appreciate the fact that someone thinks I may be worth listening to...like most of the people here.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks I glad you guys understand. Thats one thing I hate, not being understood, and when I get heated I think I become more confusing. As far as the "I think it there is as much difference between two types of dog fighting as their is between UFC fighting and the old Roman Gladiator death matches. " :D I respectively disagree.