Dogomania

What do you think. Cruel or Cool???????????

[quote name='courtnek']on the surface, I see a "tough" dog, and a "tough" guy...both of whom, from your posts, are big babies at heart....

I like big babies at heart, regardless of how they look...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"what is outside is what people see, and judge by. what is inside, is whats "really there"...

8)[/quote]

Well, you are exactly right. Edge is definately the most affectionate dog I have ever owned. He loves people and everyone that has known me and all my dogs says that. People who know me, also know Im a softie. Everyone does say I look mean though. I get herassed a lot by my friends because they say I look mean because I never smile. I dont do it intentionaly. It is just the natural relaxed positon of my facial expression (not smiling and not frowning) just looks mean LOL.
Luckily people get to know me before they decide IM a psycho Killer!

BTW, dont ever ever every believe anything that K says about me. She lies! :lol:

[quote name='courtnek'][quote name='Horsefeathers!']Court is flirting!
Court is flirting!
[img][/img][/quote]

sshhhh...dont tell anybody..

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dont pay attention to HF Alan, she just wants to cause trouble...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Ya know what, dont worry abou it Court. I have been warned about her! Anyone with a dancing thing like that has to be a little nutty anyway :lol:

[quote name='Alan']HEY HF, I just looked up and saw that! What the heck is that thing ROTF! It looks like Donnie Osmond in some bumble bee pajamas![/quote]

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0ZQAAACYhKuHWpLbhXWCnAoH*6udbo*7BI7nDmhq312KWN0dLO3CEGiGTazht*an!qwFPoA81MfTDxqTxmJcmaOVKAg0oH!NpZLVURDNHZIMAC30ekqNlBd7*9WIegLfnVsnUPDQyAvbSlZHN6SZYUg/smiley%20startled.gif?dc=4675544123286121253[/img]Ooohhhh, better not let BK see you comparing the Hoff to Donnie Osmond!
And the body belongs to "Can't Touch This" MC Hammer. Remember parachute pants?[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0YAAAAwQfKRPWpLbhXWCnAtad676hv1DBy1bIvHuSdDaPNiJej8Wimg4IlbvlJSjGuUVOfXJvLFjjR94aC96wIs4D3nqpeuY9tNg71vw!2ljJSjJFwk36gOszqfSeZoKHuK*1*zxJboDXcmsCTW96aQ/smiley%20ill.gif?dc=4675542339385135126[/img]

I am NOT a troublemaker![img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0YQAAAHAfDzvWpLbhXWCnAildCGbdfGaUJpRtJJcaXAIcldYsyg2T2z!YJr6we5ze198cIxY5EseVoE66wlTbNXfqBRTwAuj5tACe5Y5996bn2NLfldLBFSTjQczhje0d969LOXYR9y67WWuI14CAmg/smiley%20hmph.gif?dc=4675542461459533473[/img]

:angel:

ME? a mean streak? well, sometimes, maybe, kinda....when people abusive their dogs, when people try to hurt other people, I also get PO'd about kids getting abused...I guess I dont tolerate abuse well....or people who practice or advocate it...K, make me shut up now...yu know I'll go off the deep end otherwise..

8)

[quote name='courtnek']ME? a mean streak? well, sometimes, maybe, kinda....when people abusive their dogs, when people try to hurt other people, I also get PO'd about kids getting abused...I guess I dont tolerate abuse well....or people who practice or advocate it...K, make me shut up now...yu know I'll go off the deep end otherwise..

8)[/quote]

There isnt a thing wrong with that. Hopefully we all get upset about that. Another thing that really ticks me off is someone picking on someone with a handicap, no matter what kind of handicap it is. I get real upset about that!

yea, me too...I have a problem with people who get so uppity they think everyone else is beneath them....unfortunately, I get very vocal about it as well....TOO vocal..."would you like to be arrested, Ms Courtney?...

LOL oh well. the rebel in me will never die...so be it.I dont want it too. I fight the same fight for the dogs, who have no voices for themselves...so, you are all raising money for my bail right???

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote name='courtnek']yea, me too...I have a problem with people who get so uppity they think everyone else is beneath them....unfortunately, I get very vocal about it as well....TOO vocal..."would you like to be arrested, Ms Courtney?...

LOL oh well. the rebel in me will never die...so be it.I dont want it too. I fight the same fight for the dogs, who have no voices for themselves...so, you are all raising money for my bail right???

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Raise money? Why? I have a better idea. Why not I just get some of these mean women together and go bust you out if that ever happens!

Guest Anonymous

Court don't worry about it. Alan is my favorite cyber guy just because he is a big mush ball (along with having an absoultly beautiful dog). Of course my favorite guy at work is a big bad guy who never smiles is always in a "bad mood" (until he and I are alone then he's my big teddy bear of a friend) only thing is he looks like Charles Manson and owns a maltese!

I like the guys that look all tough and rough until you get to know them.

[quote name='Irena'][quote name='Alan']
Ive already learned that most of the women here, I dont want to piss off! Most of you have a pretty serious mean streak![/quote]

ME? mean? :o
ok i'm :lol: :evilbat:[/quote]

UGHHHHHH YA, Mis trained assasian! You are definitely on that list! :lol:

[quote]Tammy Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:18 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Court don't worry about it. Alan is my favorite cyber guy just because he is a big mush ball (along with having an absoultly beautiful dog). Of course my favorite guy at work is a big bad guy who never smiles is always in a "bad mood" (until he and I are alone then he's my big teddy bear of a friend) only thing is he looks like Charles Manson and owns a maltese!

I like the guys that look all tough and rough until you get to know them.

[/quote]

Cool! Thanks, I apreciate that! Ya know, there is a story behind my beautiful dog. I dont think I have ever shared it here. I have a hard time talking about it but I feel like telling you today.

I had this Pit Bull named Scrappy. He was the second most people afectionate dog I have ever owned. Edge is first. Scrappy was one of my three favorite dogs of all time. He had one major flaw. He had a very high prey drive. If it had fur, he wanted to eat it no matter what it was. I didnt encourage it. He was just that way.

Scrappy got loose one day. I was about 30 seconds behind him because I didnt realize he was loose until probably 30 seconds to a minute latter. I head screaming from a neighbor that lived behind me. I ran that direction. We had already talked and I knew they were afraid of my dogs. I knew something was going on there. I ran that direction, heard a gun shot and had Scrappy come running back to me with a bullet in him as he looked up and died in my arms. He had goten ahold of the neighbors small dog. I paid for the vet bills and the dog had superficail wounds and lived through the ordeal. I forever have that moment in time engraved in my brain. It seriously was the most tragic moment of my life thus far.

Guys dont like to admit that they cry but I didnt just cry, I bawled my eyes out for months. I have a tear in my eye now as I relive that moment. K was worried about me and she called me on the phone and I embarrassingly cried to her. That is one reason why I will always feel very close to her, even though I give her a hard way to go.

Previously this couple had created a litter of puppies. They did it to make money because they were poor and their truck was in need of repair. After the litter was here, they couldnt aford to take care of them. The puppies were all in a small crate, pooping and peeing on each other. Some of the adult dogs were in a basement with three feet of chain, literaly. Edge had problems with his leg that had to be taken care of.

A couple friends got these people to release the puppies to them so they could be properly cared for. They were malnurished, skin and bones, and near death. A friend from another board took them and nursed them back to health. About a month after Scrappy died, she was posting them and asking for homes.

Edge caught my eye. He looked a lot like Scrappy and from the discription she gave, acted a lot like him, minus the too high prey drive. I met her to see Edge. I wont lie. I always liked big dogs. It's not to be macho, it's because I am a big guy and I want a dog I can wrestle with.
Edge was this little scrawny dog. Not because he wasnt taken care of, my friend Amanda had made a HUGE difference in his life. It was just because he was a small dog. He got a late start in his life, due to the breeders. Also, he didnt like me. He cried after Amanda. She was crying to. I wanted to see how we would relate before I said yes. We were going to a park for a picnic, with some other friends from the dog group who we all met up with at my hotel. Edge went with me but the whole time, he watched Amanda and cried after her.

I was thinking, I dont know, this is gonna be a small dog and a whimpy dog. He looked so much like Scrappy though and this little voice inside me said "It is right".

Well, It was right. His name at the time was Charlie. I asked permission to change it. He was still young enogh and one of my best friends had a cocker named Charlie.

I ended up nameing him Edge. This was because he was at the Edge of a near death experience at one time and I felt like I was at the Edge when I saw Scrappy get shot. It just seemed to fit.

Now, I wouldnt sell my dog for all the fame and fortune in the world. I still miss Scrappy but Edge is my best friend and I wouldnt have been able to cope with loosing Scrappy as well as I did, without him.

I dont know what everyone thinks about it but I have had people tell me that a dog can come back in another dog. I never really believed in that. I will say though, Edge and Scrappy are different but in a lot of ways they are a lot a like. Here are some pictures of Edge and Scrappy.

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a160/pitbullcomputers/Myedge.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a160/pitbullcomputers/Scrappybest.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a160/pitbullcomputers/scrappyedgeframe.jpg[/img]

Guest Anonymous

Alan,

I do believe it's possible. I haven't had it happen with a dog but I have had it with cats. I lost my Russian Blue Dork 12-17-01 and then lost my Beanie boy on 2-4-04. August of last year my friend who works at Petsmart brought a little black kitten to me. He had an abcess on his nose and no rescue would touch him because they thought it was URI. I had her bring him here so I could get him better. Well with in 5 minutes he beat up the Beagle (Bean's deal...he always beat up the dogs) and that night he was kneading in my hair to go to sleep (Dork's thing!). Over the last year he has shown me so many traits of those two cats it's not funny. In a house of 6 cats you would think the others would have maybe even one little quirk they did. Nope. Just Cane. Cane is most certaintly my two special boys in one VERY large feline form. He has the best and the worst of them both.

It was funny though because Bean always liked the new foster cats. I had two show up here 10 days after he left me and I swore he sent them to me. Maybe he did until he could come back but it's funny because between the two I saw a lot of Bean type things going on but when Cane showed up here they both stopped doing them. It was like a switch.

I know I sound crazy but I do know what you mean.

You know exactly what I mean. There were a lot of similarities with Edge and Scrappy and how they did peculiar things. I never really thought about it but you are right, those things didnt reoccur in any of the other dogs? :o

Strange things happen. One thing about Scrappy was the fact that the morning he died, he was laying in bed with me and I was telling him what a good boy he was. I am really glad about that. It was one of those bonding moments. I am glad that it ended that way as opposed to me scolding him or something.

I always say, it is important to let your animals and people know you love them. You never know when your time or their time is gona be up. Once it's up, it's too late.

[quote name='Alan']I always say, it is important to let your animals and people know you love them. You never know when your time or their time is gona be up. Once it's up, it's too late.[/quote]

Thats so true. I know I wouldnt be able to live with myself if one of my pets died and i had just been ignoring or scolding them earlier. Same with a person... although not as much, lol.

[quote name='__crazy_canine__'][quote name='Alan']I always say, it is important to let your animals and people know you love them. You never know when your time or their time is gona be up. Once it's up, it's too late.[/quote]

Thats so true. I know I wouldnt be able to live with myself if one of my pets died and i had just been ignoring or scolding them earlier. Same with a person... although not as much, lol.[/quote]

NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That last comment was just plain wrong!

I can understand where you are comming from though! :lol: