Dogomania

How to keep your head cool

JackieMaya

Pooh Bear was nice enough to aerate my cowboy hat for me yesterday. Don't you think he did a nice job? It'll keep my head much cooler now. Those felt hats can get kind of hot. He's such a considerate little boy!

[img]http://www.msnusers.com/_Secure/0VAAAANcYGQmdQwmWD!oqYpmpa0JqQE!DQe5V9koBjmrmrd27gNQz***ohbrZDIz7AqS0h3S3*eWmkKHxVIohN7OIez029AT588NWTkdbXgPXc!XK0xdXBcY1maxrN22U/DCP_0015.JPG?dc=4675546068939913665[/img]

Nice ventilated hat! Great job, Pooh Bear! :lol:

It's the cute, innocent looking ones that you really have to be on guard against....hehehehe!

Reminds me of a dog we had briefly named Yogi. One weekend he died of a sudden and intense grand mal seizure before the vet could get the shot of valium into him after we raced him to the vet on a Sunday. But that's another story.

He was the worst chewer I've ever seen, but a more lovable, beautiful mutt dog never lived. He was as big as a sofa! We got him from our local shelter. A big, blonde, long-haired collie-like hunk with prick type ears whose tips just bent over the slightest bit. Anyway....he would lay on the floor in a doorway..with us watching him, mind you, and ever so gradually move his muzzle over to the door frame. A grinding noise would commence as he would start "cribbing" - isn't that what horses do, JM? - on the woodwork!!!

We'd give a yell...he'd stop! And then the whole process would start all over again. During the 6 months we had him he ruined an antique kitchen set, two doorways, and the edges of two stairs. But...dang...he was an enormously cute dog!

Cute, JM, but definately not innocent! :lol: :lol: :lol:

All I can say is that I'm sure glad Pooh Bear is with me, because there probably aren't too many people who would put up with the chewing stage he's going through. But when he cuddles up to me and gives me puppy kisses, I think how could anyone have given him up? I'm the type of person who, when something bad happens (like chewing up my furniture), after it's over, it's over. Then I can laugh about it. If I catch Pooh Bear chewing on anything, I stop him right away, but when I'm at work is when he does his handiwork. Giving Pooh Bear a loving, permanent home is more important than furniture to me. Yeah, I wish he hadn't done it, but it's all old anyway.

Jackie is the perfect girl, and Maya and Pooh Bear are my problem children, but I love 'em all!