Dogomania

Mummy was a byatch

imported_Kat

:o This morning I went down and there was a puddle in Kes' crate and outside the crate and I couldn't believe my eyeballs! I gave her such a yelling at and told her she was a very bad dog for that. She hasn't peed in her crate since she was a wee wee ickle puppy. I went out to the garage and Mum was there and I told her, then I noticed the top of the freezer was soaking wet...

Mum had left a pork fillet out to defrost and when she brought it from the freezer in the garage to the kitchen, it dripped :-?

Poor Kes was stunned and hurt that I yelled at her and I feel awful for doing it now, so I gave her lots of cuddles and told her she was good. With Kes it only takes a cuddle to make her forgive :lol:

As humans trying to commune with dogs, I think all of us at some point have to work on NOT treating them like human children. We have our own instincts to overcome here. Kat is a case in point, certainly she knows better than anyone not to scold a pup after the fact, but I bet no one can say they never did this (I can't anyway!)

I yelled at her because it was my reaction because i was so stunned. Shes 7 months old now and is on a schedule and always goes to the grass before we go to bed and never gets access to water past about 8pm when she gets a walk. She was crate trained when she was roughly about 12 weeks of age and did very well .

Yes you shouldn't shout and reprimand a puppy throughout house training but when that pup is a dog that is fully house trained, then yes I do believe in reprimanding the dog verbally unless the situation was unavoidable and the owner was out for too long/dog was sick. In this case, it was me that jumped to conclusions and I was in the wrong fully. Kes will be rewarded today by having her rabies vaccine :lol:

[quote name='Kat']
Yes you shouldn't shout and reprimand a puppy throughout house training but when that pup is a dog that is fully house trained, then yes I do believe in reprimanding the dog verbally unless the situation was unavoidable and the owner was out for too long/dog was sick.[/quote]

I don't think there is anything wrong with shouting and repremanding the dog if you catch them in the act of peeing where they shouldn't.

However, if you don't catch them in the act and are just getting cranky when you see the puddle, the dog is going to have [b]no idea [/b]why it's being yelled at. They don't associate the yelling you are doing now with the pee they did two hours ago.