Dogomania

Kes is a hero!

imported_Kat

I was walking Kes tonight and we came across a yellow labrador who was bolting straight up the road. It was obvious that he was lost because he was darting house to house and to the fields and back tracking so Kes and I coaxed him over but just as I thought I had him, he bolted away again, so Kes and I gave chase to him :-? . We must have chased for about 45 minutes non stop and he eventually ran into a housing area which is more closed in. I tried to call him over and whistle to him but he just kept going then he tried to get past me. He managed to do that, then I darted to the other side of the road with Kes and rounded him so we sort of blocked him. I let Kes off her lead because the area is quiet and I sent her out to the right using the "out" command I've taught her for when she does agility, and told her to lie then to go out again, so with me on one side and Kes closing in on him, she penned him and I was able to grab his collar and attach the two dogs together using Kes' lead. :D He had tags on and was called Milo and I went back to my house and I called the owner who was an ungrateful :evil: so and so and this dog was from about 30 miles away and had escaped with a black lab!

Anyhow that was Kes and I's little adventure tonight in the pouring down rain. I haven't taught her any sheep dog trialling apart from the Out which is more for agility and the lie down but wow it was amazing to see that ability kick in. I think her breeder would have been proud... I certainly was :D