Dogomania

AJ got bit by one of the dogs....

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Well of course it was a dog or I'd be posting this in NDR section.

Yesterday I was sitting in my recliner (away from the computer for once) watching a movie. AJ had been climbing in and out of my lap doing his best (with my help) to avoid sitting/landing on Cindy. She climbed up on the arm of the chair and he was trying to kiss her nose. I put my hand on his forehead and was trying to push him away with a warning that ended up coming out like "She is going to bit..........." When I was pushing him away he was pushing against me and his head bobbed forward. With her limited sight I can only imagine what she thought was going to happen. She bit his face. He has two small wounds under his left eye and one next to the right side of his nose.

It doesn't look horrible but does look rather bothersome only because of the puffiness and the bruising. The best part of the whole damn thing...while I'm cleaning the blood up Cindy is licking his face and he said "I know you are sorry Cindy I was bad!" This is a TWO YEAR OLD! I told him Cindy was just as bad as he was and he is to listen when I tell him to BACK OFF! He has made a point of telling his cousins (1 and 4 yo) last night to stay out of their kitties face because you "get bite". She sat down with him this morning to watch cartoons and this is the first ever case of her biting at anyone. I'm keeping a very close eye on them now (to the point of paranoia) and keep reminding AJ do NOT put your face in the dogs faces!

I'm very glad it wasn't worse. She could have gotten his eye easily and then we'd have MAJOR issues and I'd feel worse than I do now.

You can see the puffiness here but not much else.
[img]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b331/jjdiner/AJ.jpg[/img]

This one you can see some of the bruising:
[img]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b331/jjdiner/PICT0001.jpg[/img]

Guest Anonymous

Thank you all. I hate when this crap happens because for me he first thought always has been "When do I make the appointment?"

Honestly I think I've forgotten personally how hard it is sometimes to keep kids/dogs safe from one another. For years I had the most laid back don't give a crap dogs. Now they are all older and less willing to tolerate things. Cindy is my newest addition and also my oldest. She is normally good about staying under the chair and out of the way of harm from anything.

She is by no means the perfect dog (not even close really) but she is a sweet girl who spent the day whining at me because she wanted in my chair with AJ and I. AJ tried talking me into letting her up and I stood my ground. She finally went to sleep when AJ pulled her dog bed over next to my chair and I let my foot dangle near her. AJ told me "You bad mommy! you mean to ciny". Kid is a trip!

If you ask him what happened he will tell you that Cindy bit him but he aso says he was bad! Boy do I get questions about that one!