Dogomania

Uber Needy Dog Lately

DogPaddle

I have no idea what has gotten into Kavik lately but the last 3 days or so he has been more than a velcro dog. He has wanted attention ALL the time, I cannot pet/scratch/snuggle him enough. He even has asked to play less in favour of snuggling. He is also never more than 5ft from me. I love him dearly and enjoy the fact that he is a real people loving dog but the constant extra neediness is getting a little tiring. It's so bad that if I'm petting him and and finish a stroke and lift my hand to restart the process he nudges my hand because it has stopped for a split second - I mean I am in the process at the time. :o

Could be delayed reaction from the move. I took him out to the conservation area today for a long walk and tossed the kong for over an hour on and off and let him get dirty - which always seems to improve his mood. Maybe the stress of moving and schedule change was getting to him because after the outing he's been a bit better. Strangely I also found a 3 cm by 1/2 cm gouge/scab on his back that looks a couple days old, doesn't look like a bite at all but it could have been a claw from roughhousing with Zaphod I suppose but that's never happened.