Dogomania

What is wrong with people???

schippsmom

:Dog_run:

I just watched this on the news, I was in tears. They went into more detail on the news but this is enough.
This is the third animal cruelty case this week.

Oct 20, 2005 2:40 pm US/Eastern
Washington, PA (KDKA) A realtor made a horrifying discovery in a vacant Washington home.

Police say the realtor was cleaning out the second floor of a home on Church Street when the remains of a dog that had been brutally killed were discovered.

Police say the dog was tortured.

The male dog was found duct taped and hog-tied with his mouth taped shut.

Veterinarians say the dog suffocated and that he did not die quickly.

The dog apparently belonged to a family who lived nearby.

The dog had been missing since Saturday.

Right now, the Humane Society is setting up a reward to find out who did this horrible crime.

:o :x :cry:

I bet some future serial killer did it.

I can't wrap my mind around the idea that any sane person
would find pleasure/satisfaction from the suffering of any living
creature.

Poor dog..... :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm reminded of what happened to my nieces poor rabbit years ago that was kept in an outside hutch inside a fenced back yard. She came home from school to find her beloved pet on her back step. It had been skinned and all its appendages had been removed. What a nightmare that was for her. She had trouble sleeping for a long time.

People who torture animals deserve the same treatment, although who would be twisted enough to administer the punishment?

Thanks guys. She never talks about it even now, but she remains an avid animal lover - has three cats (all former strays) and two dogs (both rescues; one a walker hound and the other a beagle mix) and is fostering another beagle. Needless to say, they are inside dogs and cats and she has a 6 foot wooden privacy fence at her home.

I'm so sorry for that little pup...

[quote]I'm daily amazed by what humans are capable of. We claim dog breeds are vicious but we should be looking at ourselves instead.[/quote]

Unfortunately, that's so true.

[quote]I bet some future serial killer did it. [/quote]

I would believe that. It's been proven that kids who abuse and torture animals grow up to be serial killers.

Behle, I can't even imagine what your niece went through with that! That poor girl!

I too agree it was a horrible thing to do. but, if they are investigating it, did they question the owners on their relationship (or lack thereof) with this neighbor? I am leaning towards thinking the owners may know who did it. possibly a dispute over noise, or mess, or whatever....

horrible people......and quite possibly nuts. this guy/girl needs to be rounded up before something else bad happens.

:o :o