Dogomania

Stupid Desigener Doodle dogs..

Sharpeigirl

I swear if I hear another doodle I'm going to cry!! I was getting dog food for Sassy at the vets office. I get handed my bill, and what does the breed line say??? Goldendoodle :x :x I'm like did you give me the wrong bill or did Sassy change breeds on me.. I was utterly pissed off.. I can't believe the vets offices use those bloody idiotic names.. Why couldn't it said Golden mix or poodle mix :evil: I don't know why it just pissed me off..

[quote name='CoalSky']I thought Sassy was a Pei mix.... so you DID get the wrong bill? :lol: :lol: you really confused me :lol:

I had no idea any vets office would do that... that's just insane! You'd think that actual dog people would know better :lol: :roll:

HF, I think that's awesome you change them :lol: Has anyone said anything to you about it?[/quote]

Well they got a new client, named Sassy :P and when they added breed, they put it to the wrong Sassy.. Yes Sassy is totally not a desinger dog. Unless a labrapei is a new one?

I was thinking that all of us mixed breed dog owners should make up fancy names for our mutts so we could feel all important too.

"Yeah, this is a purebreed Beagalab. Very rare. Can you believe I got him at the local shelter? Gets along great with my Labrashepherd."

[quote name='eric']I was thinking that all of us mixed breed dog owners should make up fancy names for our mutts so we could feel all important too.

"Yeah, this is a purebreed Beagalab. Very rare. Can you believe I got him at the local shelter? Gets along great with my Labrashepherd."[/quote]

I like this! We already came up with one for Buddy, he's a Bassador, a rare hound retriever!

Guest Mutts4Me

The grooming salons at Petsmart go by AKC breeds. Had a lady come in the other day with a pure Golden and a 4 month old Goldendoodle puppy. The golden's daughter. I put her in as a Golden Retriever mix, and when the lady went to sign the papers, she totally flipped. "Faith isn't a Golden Retriever mix, she's a Goldendoodle." I kind of glanced at the mom, the baby, then the owner, and I politely but firmly informed the woman that we go by AKC breeds. Oooohhh, the look I got from her. It only got worse when she said "oh, not CKC breeds?" and I cheerfully responded, "Nope!" Grrrr.... Oh, she wanted to kill me, and I didn't even make any snotty comments about her dog or the CKC.

The whole "my hybrid isn't a mix" thing is irritating enough, but when you've got a Golden Retriever you've obviously MIXED with a Poodle to get this puppy, don't tell me your puppy isn't a MIX, because it is.

[quote name='CoalSky']HF, I think that's awesome you change them :lol: Has anyone said anything to you about it?[/quote]

Nope, not so far. When scheduling my own clients, I also never use the cutesy names. I always say Poodle mix or Cocker mix or whatever mix is applicable.

On a kinda sorta related note... people call our clinic all the time asking about specific breeds of dogs with the intention of purchasing. Our receptionist used to direct them toward the different breeders of whatever breed they were looking for. She has now started directing them to Petfinder. She never does breeder referrals anymore. Go, Joanie! She was probably tired of hearing me bitch.

[quote name='Ravyn']Red would be a Border Spaniel, or a Brittany Collie, I guess.

And while I'd love to have a million like her, I'd hate to have a million like her, if you catch my meaning :)[/quote]

I know exactly what you mean. Whatever mix Jackie is, it's the absolutely PERFECT mix, but I certainly wouldn't try to recreate it!

the other day at work, i did a nail clipping for a puppy, it looked like one of those awful "Puggles", so when I was filling out all the info for her reciept, I ask "what kind of dog is he?" "A Jug"the lady said. "A what?" "A Jug", the woman and her husband said in unison this time. I said "what's that a mix of?" I asked, and she says "Jack Russell and Pug" "oh" i said and I filled out her reciept as JRT/Pug MIX :lol: :lol:

[quote name='ShatteringGlass']the other day at work, i did a nail clipping for a puppy, it looked like one of those awful "Puggles", so when I was filling out all the info for her reciept, I ask "what kind of dog is he?" "A Jug"the lady said. "A what?" "A Jug", the woman and her husband said in unison this time. I said "what's that a mix of?" I asked, and she says "Jack Russell and Pug" "oh" i said and I filled out her reciept as JRT/Pug MIX :lol: :lol:[/quote]

One of my friends (X family member) got one of those, paid $500 for it at a Pet Store.....obscene....... :roll: (the money).

Michele.....Chiapet !!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hehee... :lol:
I love this trhead. ;)

Although I hate these poo and oodle mix things.
I've even had a question once. A lady told me she's allergic to dogs but was wondering (as I am allergic too) if I knew where to get a Labradoodle. I was like: :o "It's a Labrador+Poodle mix..."
She was convinced that it was a new breed. :-?

I feel SO sad for these people who fall for this. Although... I must say... It would be fun to have a bichon+crested mix. :lol: (best of both breeds)
But *IF* I would get one (and I'm not saying I am) it wouldn't bee a Bichted. :lol:

The doodle thing really urks me too and i don't really know why, i do love all dogs but put poo or doodle on the end and it just seems silly.

i was looking up dog breeds the other day to get some reference photo's and came across a huge list along with a tonne of doodles that you couldn't click on yet....the one that really annoyed me was the saint berdoodle....i love saint bernards and can't even begin to imagine why they would want to make a saint berdoodle??