Dogomania

Animal Cops Houston

ESSlover

... :o

I was watching the other night, and they were at some dog fighting ring/home. They ended up getting about 60 dogs (pitties) out of there. They were talking about how "Unlike other dogs, Pit Bulls can snap a bone with one bite." :-? And that they have jaw muscles unlike other dogs? That go all the way up to the top of their head?? :-? :o

I'm not sure how much of that is true, but I do know that ANY DOG THAT IS OVER A CERTAIN WEIGHT CAN BREAK BONES. I hate the stereotypes that *dog people* are putting out into the public.. :( They were making them sound more like sharks then dogs..

:Dog_run:

I must have been watching that same episode. I believe they ended up euthanizing all of them :cry: .

As far as that food aggression thing. How similar to a human hand is that plastic thing?? She does over do it with pokin it in their faces. Someone stuck that under my nose, you better believe I'd bite it.

It scares me cause Re would Never pass that. He would definately fail the whole adoption process.

:Dog_run:

[quote] Coal has come through leaps and bounds, I can take his dish away just fine now, and remove anything from his mouth that he may have gotten ahold of and shouldn't have. [/quote]

Scott and I can take anything away from Re but the kids get scared when he growls and he takes full advantage of it. :wink:

And yes, they need to spend more time finding qualified people to adopt these "vicious" dogs.

Yes, in a perfect world shelters COULD find perfect homes for less than perfect dogs, however, the overpopulation problem is staggering. Many wonderful ADOPTABLE dogs get killed because of space, shelters don't even have the resources or time to work with aggressive or problem animals. Unfortunately, thats the way it is. The adoptable ones get adopted, and the ones that would sit in the shelter possibly for months don't leave. :(

I love Animal Cops- especially Houston.

As far as I know pitbulls have the strongest bite of any other breed. I think they waited a week becuase they thought they would catch them in the 'act' then, and it would make the investigation easier.

They just have to be safe before they adopt any dogs out. Any respectable organization would do the same, especially something as big as aspca.

I know the food agression sucks sometimes and can be the killer (I mean that literally) but they have to make sure the dog is infact adoptable by the normal person. I'd get grumpy if somebody went after my food too. .

You know-- this is the test I know Smokie would pass with flying colors. I don't think he'd pass the startled one (he gets scared easy) and he is agressive around other dogs.

[quote name='schippsmom']:Dog_run:

I must have been watching that same episode. I believe they ended up euthanizing all of them :cry: .

As far as that food aggression thing. How similar to a human hand is that plastic thing?? She does over do it with pokin it in their faces. Someone stuck that under my nose, you better believe I'd bite it.

It scares me cause Re would Never pass that. He would definately fail the whole adoption process.[/quote]

My hubby wouldn't pass that test either......he once poked a guys hand with a fork...(friend was taking his frenchfries.....) :lol: