Dogomania

Is your dog fussy about what food they take from you?

Malamum

DO's thread about how gently our dogs take food from our hands, got me thinking about how fussy everyone's dogs are when it comes to what food they will take.

Kira will take absolutely anything I offer her. She takes first and asks questions later. If she doesn't like it she will spit it out and not eat it but she will always take whatever I give her without even thinking about it.

Indy on the other hand is much fussier. He will sniff the offered food to decide if it's something the wants and then he will take it. If it's something he doesn’t want he will sniff it, then clamp his mouth shut and turn his head away.

Pooh Bear will eat anything, whether it's edible or not (see my "matching set" thread-LOL). I haven't found anything yet that he won't eat that I've offered him.

Maya will eat most things. I gave them each a green bean the other day, and Jackie just dropped hers on the floor and didn't touch it again. Maya dropped hers on the floor, and when Pooh Bear went over to get it Maya picked it up because she didn't want him to have it. She did eventually finish it.

Jackie is a little fussy about what she eats (of course, she's a princess!). She likes most veggies, but not green beans. And she won't eat the glucosamine tablets that Pooh Bear and Maya gobble up.

Guest Anonymous

Luke and Bentley eat anything and everything that they are given. Roxie on the other hand is very ladylike and sniffs gently at food offered to her. If she decides to take it a lot of times she'll take it and drop it on the floor to sniff at it some more before she decides to finally eat it. :lol:

Guest Anonymous

Belle is a chow hound and eats everything.

Bobbie, sniff it, licks it and if it's something she wants she will eat it.

CJ and Cindy well they are not picky but if they don't like it you will find it hidden some where.